• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6 cue stories

looking very nice

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcwinch59 View Post
      looking very nice
      Love the wood, should look really nice when all shined up!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• a couple of close ups of the curly maple

Comment

• i wasn't happy with the depth of the flat on my new playing cue so i put on a front splice and cut in a shallower flat.
          will be taking this and a few others to the table tomorrow..

Comment

• Out of Internet does the curly maple play any differently to normal maple?

Comment

• haven't played with many curly maple cues but this has straight grain so im expecting a firm crisp hit.. not easy to work cutting across the curl lines, lots more sanding

Comment

• I played for a while with an old machine spliced one which was refurbed by Sean Parker. Played very nice too.

Comment

• I own a one piece , m/s Tiger Maple that has a Weildings weight stamp , solid hit , great cue . Tony Glover has an absolutely fantastic Reece with a Tiger Maple shaft that puts mine to shame . I have no doubt , Jason , that your cue will have a really solid hit but dont get distracted when the table lights highlight the rings . Lovely work by the way , what spec do you think it will come in at ?
                  Last edited by old school; 8 July 2016, 12:19 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

• Originally Posted by old school View Post
                    lLovely work by the way , what spec do you think it will come in at ?
                    cheers mate, at the moment its 59/10/28.5/19bp/18oz

Comment

• heres two of a few custom restoration pieces iv just spliced up

and some choice berry bubinga looking good to go on the next

Last edited by j6uk; 14 July 2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Are you ending up with a growing collection of cues now or are you steadily moving them on as you go?

Comment

• i have a small collection now, some have gone, some shafts resting, and a few ready to go. then theres now these restoration pieces im doing in between things

Comment

• Nice work J.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              i have a small collection now, some have gone, some shafts resting, and a few ready to go. then theres now these restoration pieces im doing in between things
                              Sounds good mate. Things really coming along now. How long since you started making cues?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                                Sounds good mate. Things really coming along now. How long since you started making cues?
                                been tinkering for about 5yrs, but splicing and cutting shafts for a year an a half.

interesting to see what others were doing yesterday as iv been opening up these vintage cues, may need to start documenting the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X