This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    i have a small collection now, some have gone, some shafts resting, and a few ready to go. then theres now these restoration pieces im doing in between things
    Answer your pm's please!
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Answer your pm's please!
      pm sent geordie

Comment

• put in a few hrs this morning, should have one or two on the table by monday..

Comment

• Looks good, the top one looks like it has a nice golden brown shaft.

Comment

been tinkering for about 5yrs, but splicing and cutting shafts for a year an a half.

interesting to see what others were doing yesterday as iv been opening up these vintage cues, may need to start documenting the process.
            You've come a long way in a year and a half of splicing and cutting shafts J.

It would be interesting to see what certain cue makers were doing with their cues and how they're constructed. If we can turn the," How should you weight a cue" into a debate to be argued then i'm sure it was a debate some 50/80 years ago!
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

pm sent geordie
              I've not received any p.m J?
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

been tinkering for about 5yrs, but splicing and cutting shafts for a year an a half.

interesting to see what others were doing yesterday as iv been opening up these vintage cues, may need to start documenting the process.
                Reminds me of the time I steamed the splices off an old Riley to see how it was put together. All I found under the splices was Ash!! That taught me a little lesson.....felt like a right pillock!

Comment

• Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                  Looks good, the top one looks like it has a nice golden brown shaft.
                  yes this one should look good for anyone who likes a darker/vintage shaft

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    You've come a long way in a year and a half of splicing and cutting shafts J.

It would be interesting to see what certain cue makers were doing with their cues and how they're constructed. If we can turn the," How should you weight a cue" into a debate to be argued then i'm sure it was a debate some 50/80 years ago!
                    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    Reminds me of the time I steamed the splices off an old Riley to see how it was put together. All I found under the splices was Ash!! That taught me a little lesson.....felt like a right pillock!
                    yes the miss balanced cues have shown up quite a bit, like this one.it was stamped 17 1/2 and whit a scrap of old steel thown up it. soon put that right with my bullet weight.. it played funny too with it backish heavy and the top of the shaft being hand sanded over the bridge hand. long story short- cut a bit off the top, added some on the bottom, four splices, and now with a much better resonance to it, should play nice. if not i'll tweak it some more
                    and the stripy macassar ebony maple with x4 purple heart on maple should be a hitter too, find out next week

Last edited by j6uk; 16 July 2016, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• They're certainly looking different now.

Hand spliced machine made cues, got some nice patterns.

Is that a lead weight? Strangely looks like steel but could be the light.....

Comment

• 14mm lump of steel

Comment

14mm lump of steel
                          I thought it was. Any reasons for this over lead?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                            I thought it was. Any reasons for this over lead?
                            not sure. only opened up one other this old, and it was lead. careful to take it out so as to reuse. its in my playing cue now

Comment

• The purple heart and macassar is a looker. It will oil up beautiful. Such a shame it's maple. Your work looking very good J.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                                The purple heart and macassar is a looker. It will oil up beautiful. Such a shame it's maple. Your work looking very good J.
                                cheers man

Comment

Working...
                                X