This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice stuff J keep it up.

How are you judging what is your top shafts?

Looks, firmness etc?
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• I'll say this for you Jason hats off to you for actually trying out the cues you make. Most cuemakers new to it or not don't. How often you gone back to the workshop and altered something or other so it feels right?

Comment

• Originally Posted by hoknavla View Post
        Nice work there! Good to see cues being handmade still!
        This shows the faker makers look like real dingos. Machines, machines, machines, then the hand made claim/badge conning the public. This guy proves it is possible to hand make something of quality, sell it fairly and keep a craft going. The others are just greedy capitalists looking at productivity numbers. This guy is keepin it real.
        Last edited by Big Splash!; 18 August 2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Till he becomes a pro that is then watch him rebottle £10 finishing oil spit in it and say the ingredients are a secret and flog it for £60 a litre just like many pro cue builders do.
          He could be worse mind, especially with his £15 pop bottle toca thingy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            Nice stuff J keep it up.

How are you judging what is your top shafts?

Looks, firmness etc?
            a little of everything really, but looking a bit more into the wood now and starting to get a feel for the vibe from its structure

Originally Posted by jimmymoller View Post
            I'll say this for you Jason hats off to you for actually trying out the cues you make. Most cuemakers new to it or not don't. How often you gone back to the workshop and altered something or other so it feels right?
            less and less with experience jimmy

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            This shows the faker makers look like real dingos. Machines, machines, machines, then the hand made claim/badge conning the public. This guy proves it is possible to hand make something of quality, sell it fairly and keep a craft going. The others are just greedy capitalists looking at productivity numbers. This guy is keepin it real.
            and if its not real youll tell me wontya splash

Originally Posted by jimmymoller View Post
            Till he becomes a pro that is then watch him rebottle £10 finishing oil spit in it and say the ingredients are a secret and flog it for £60 a litre just like many pro cue builders do.
            He could be worse mind, especially with his £15 pop bottle toca thingy.
            i dont think its in me to be a mugger. though the pop bottle tuca thingy or pbtt sounds catchy, make it 20 with a name like that

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              fine sanded, oiled, burnished, and on its way

-
              Dont normally do cue reviews but this deserved the credit its needed. the packaging it came in was ridiculously good! And after a couple of hours of it arriving i dropped everything and went hit a ball with it on both a snooker and pool table. Wow the shaft stiffness the balance point and all the other specs everything is perfect to what i wanted, it hits the ball incredibly well and the finish is unreal. It definatly plays well if not better than cues i have had from the more popular expensive cue makers, would definatly reccomend j6 to anybody whos in the market for there new 'fix' lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by jbean1 View Post
                Dont normally do cue reviews but this deserved the credit its needed. the packaging it came in was ridiculously good! And after a couple of hours of it arriving i dropped everything and went hit a ball with it on both a snooker and pool table. Wow the shaft stiffness the balance point and all the other specs everything is perfect to what i wanted, it hits the ball incredibly well and the finish is unreal. It definatly plays well if not better than cues i have had from the more popular expensive cue makers, would definatly reccomend j6 to anybody whos in the market for there new 'fix' lol
                thats a very kind review jbean, and im happy to hear you like your new cue

Comment

• some quality vintage shafts available soon

Comment

• keeping busy

nice score, are these special selected club cues? or all different old cues?

Comment

• Originally Posted by matthias View Post
                      keeping busy

nice score, are these special selected club cues? or all different old cues?
                      no matt, though as you know,i have access to the store room of one of the biggest supplier of club cues so i still have a few choice club cues..
                      no the shafts above were one piece all ash club cues used for pool. should have a few up on the table within a couple of months

Comment

no matt, though as you know,i have access to the store room of one of the biggest supplier of club cues so i still have a few choice club cues..
                        no the shafts above were one piece all ash club cues used for pool. should have a few up on the table within a couple of months
                        Are they plain round butts at the moment?

I love taking cues that are due for the dustbin and bringing them back to life. If you're splicing them as well that must be a good feeling.

Look forward to what they look like J.

Comment

Are they plain round butts at the moment?
                          no shock, they were all weighted, stamped and had flats. iv just cut the weights out, so when i put a few back together i will stick some pics up

Comment

no shock, they were all weighted, stamped and had flats. iv just cut the weights out, so when i put a few back together i will stick some pics up
                            Ah. Were the weights up the butt just slugs or steel bolts?

Comment

Ah. Were the weights up the butt just slugs or steel bolts?
                              yeah just steel bars about 4" long thrown up the the back any old how, only one of nine was nearly in the center

Comment

yeah just steel bars about 4" long thrown up the the back any old how, only one of nine was nearly in the center
                                Comes with the cue cost I guess.

Greater the cost, greater the care. There's a novel thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X