This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Great review Jason and thanks for trying the tips out. It looks to have come up nice and the cue looks really good, very nice job.

I'm about to do a how to guide for the milk Elks for my website so will share your You Tube video if ok with you.

The tip sounded like a talisman, very hard but you've made it look very neat and so well burnished.

Nice solid clear up as well, superb.
    i like what your doing with theses tips, really play well from the first hit.. and yeah you can do what you like with the vid.

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Does the low profile ferrule make a noticeable difference when playing with side?
    the ferrule is 9.7, 4mm high, thin wall. its my first hit with this cue but didnt feel too different, though i think i only used side twice. would need more time with it

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      tip review

in this video im using one of shockers milk elks on my latest cue rescue cue

https://youtu.be/ZPOfBeqlW8I

Tried this routine today, it's a good one, enjoyed it. It gets boring do the same ones over and over, gave me a good test .
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• should have this next ebony ash on the table within the next couple of days

Comment

• Looks nice J, really clean.

Impressive mate.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• its the first chunky cue iv done, and its been a bit tricky to calve out to exact spec

Comment

• How chunky J?
              What's the spec on it?
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

should have this next ebony ash on the table within the next couple of days

Hi Jason....is this chunky cue the one i am supposed to be viewing with great eagerness and anxiety? Haha.....
                i hope it is not chunky to the extent that it is very stiff and unresponsive, mate. You've got to give great help on that. Thanks Jason. It really looks terrific and the shaft looks great. Nice long very dark ebony which looks marvellous. Great work there again which speaks volume of your ability.
                Should consider making yourself well-known with a badge mate. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                  How chunky J?
                  What's the spec on it?
                  30.5mm butt, 25 near the top of the splices, and splices are 20.5" long so, meaty

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                  Hi Jason....is this chunky cue the one i am supposed to be viewing with great eagerness and anxiety? Haha.....
                  i hope it is not chunky to the extent that it is very stiff and unresponsive, mate. You've got to give great help on that. Thanks Jason. It really looks terrific and the shaft looks great. Nice long very dark ebony which looks marvellous. Great work there again which speaks volume of your ability.
                  Should consider making yourself well-known with a badge mate. Cheers.
                  will contact you when done with all the details win, but yeah for now its got your name on it..

Comment

• That's not chunky. 10mm, 34mm butt and a fat shaft is chunky!

Comment

30.5mm butt, 25 near the top of the splices, and splices are 20.5" long so, meaty

will contact you when done with all the details win, but yeah for now its got your name on it..
                      Thanks a million Jason. Keeping my fingers crossed and awaiting your good news. Loving it. Cheers

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                        That's not chunky. 10mm, 34mm butt and a fat shaft is chunky!
                        Its chunky in a way BS matey, because i wanted a cue that has very little or no metal added and a slightly thicker than normal top shaft diameter, with another diificulty of getting it to at least 17oz which was quite impossible. Its also because i prefer a good grip and i do have large hands too.
                        Credit to Jason, he has been a great help and tolerant of my bugging. Haha. He is truly a great guy to have a cue made from and definitely attentive, understanding and very patient.
                        Last edited by winphenom; 15 November 2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                          Its chunky in a way BS matey, because i wanted a cue that has very little or no metal added and a slightly thicker than normal top shaft diameter, with another diificulty of getting it to at least 17oz which was quite impossible. Its also because i prefer a good grip and i do have large hands too.
                          Credit to Jason, he has been a great help and tolerant of my bugging. Haha. He is truly a great guy to have a cue made from and definitely attentive, understanding and very patient.
                          Nice cue... Hope it hits a ton for you!
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            Nice cue... Hope it hits a ton for you!
                            Thanks very much lone wolf. Hope so too. But it still depends on the great master maker Jason to come up with a good one. Keeping fingers crossed though i have full confidence and trust in him to get it absolutely perfect. Cheers

Comment

• No pressure then!
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

its the first chunky cue iv done, and its been a bit tricky to calve out to exact spec
                                Impressive craftsmanship J6! Not sure if it's been discussed before but I was reading an article about how the old baseball players used to harden thier ash/maple bats to make them stronger and springier. Qualities that could potentialy be useful in a cue? Someone must have experimented with this in the past and I'm sure it probably made the wood "lifeless" but this was the link: uhttp://http://probaseballinsider.com/how-to-bone-a-bat/
                                Last edited by Cue crafty; 16 November 2016, 10:40 AM.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X