X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    this has emerged looking good at 58/9.4/28.5/16.5bp/17.5oz stiff responsive

What's the blue dye on the cue mate? Like the idea...
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      What's the blue dye on the cue mate? Like the idea...
      this represents Jason's early "blue dye cues" which are 100% made by him and are cues that will pot balls on their own, they will transform your game, and will be worth over £1000 in a few years :biggrin: :wink:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• juat spray paint

Comment

• cut up those logs i showed you to 35mm squares this morning. as you can see i got x15 shafts out of them.
          heres how iv been working it, with a few other cues on there way.. oh and my new monster no7 making the no5 look like a toy

Last edited by j6uk; 5 November 2015, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Great pictures mate, it really shows the amount of work you're putting in to making a decent shaft.

Those number 7 planes are certainly a beast.

Looks like you have a nice collection of shafts at different stages now so may more cues soon then.

Comment

Great pictures mate, it really shows the amount of work you're putting in to making a decent shaft.

Those number 7 planes are certainly a beast.

Looks like you have a nice collection of shafts at different stages now so may more cues soon then.
              havent really checked the plane yet but im sure im gonna have to spend a day leaveling it an prepare it for what i need it to do
              as for the shafts iv got quite a few now an overall im really happy with the way things are going, cus i know i can make a good playing cue, from scratch.

Comment

• this is the cue from post 518. i took it to the club to give it a go an no sooner as i put it up against the wll to set bthe balls up a fella picked it up to have a look, said he could try it out. he had a knock an didnt miss a ball for about 5mins then said he would take it.. another cue gone
                heres a few pics towards the end of the finish

Comment

• Sweet!
                  Must be a nice feeling when someone wants something you have made.

Comment

• a few shafts i was working on last night

Comment

• Spent the last few hours reading this post from start to finish... As someone who never really put any thought into the making of cues, this really is an eye opener and makes me appreciate the effort that cue makers go through. Think it is great that you have taken the effort to show people what you are up to and your standard of work looks great.

If you ever get on to making maple cues I would be really interested in buying one. I do agree with others regarding ebony btw, nothing looks better than a nice maple shaft and a plain ebony butt.

Comment

• thanks wootton, i will try an get some good black ebony an maple at some point..

heres another shaft i got to the finishing stage. this one is the best so far that iv done competly with my hand plane, no sandpaper has been used yet. i followed the grain patten, pure planing with no flats and no twists

Last edited by j6uk; 10 November 2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• a few facts about the handwood merbau/ipil an gaboon ebony

http://www.wood-database.com/lumber-...dwoods/merbau/

http://www.wood-database.com/lumber-.../gaboon-ebony/

Comment

• time to start cutting my own ferrules

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              time to start cutting my own ferrules

Nice. Looks like a thick old ferrule mate, couple of mill?

Comment

Nice. Looks like a thick old ferrule mate, couple of mill?
                                yeah its 10mm an inside its just under 8mm.
                                heres a few more iv jusr done. the one on the right is 10mm deep an im taking it down to 9.2

Comment

Working...
                                X