This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by 3000up View Post
    It is nice to work with, if the results are a little plain but if you want a lovely all over consistent brown, it produces very nice results; cabinet making. Rosewood is lovely as well. Mahogany plains quite easily.
    like it, cheers man. it so happens iv got a rose/blood wood cue coming through so id appreciate your input mid next week

Comment

• just a few more class cues coming through for now, i hope
      Last edited by j6uk; 15 August 2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• the next though is rose/blood wood

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• completely round butt, my favourite

Comment

• Lovely combination j6

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                the next though is rose/blood wood

I really like dual wood butts

Comment

• thanks for the feeback lads always appreciated.
                  there will be anther twotone an aother classic front spilce cue coming through within the next few weeks

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    i do everything by hand but im also creating a taper jig. heres a piece of that jigsaw

Did you ever finish that taper jig?

Looks like a real puzzle and would be nice to see it in action.....
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Apologies if this has been mentioned already but have you made or have any plans to make cues with a bigger butt?
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        Did you ever finish that taper jig?

Looks like a real puzzle and would be nice to see it in action.....
                        yes i did get this gig going but struggled to find the right cutting blade for the taper so i desenbled the gig. i then moved the workshop around an carried on doing evrything by hand, then a few orders in an its been in the corner ever since. i will get it going again now i have a longer bench, an put some pics up

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        Apologies if this has been mentioned already but have you made or have any plans to make cues with a bigger butt?
                        yeah i do plan on getting some to around 30-30.5. though generaly i am finding people liking butts around 29.
                        i converted an american pool racker cue last week an took that down from 31.5 to 29mm, an the players are loving it

Comment

• and this is the pool cue thats been getting a bit of attention. converted racker, splice exrended, reweighted, hand planed an with a 4mm shallow black break ferrule. for me its got all the shots 58.5/12.25/29/17.5oz/17bp

Comment

• Good news then as I've decided my next cue is definitely going to have a bigger butt
                            You've done a good job on that cue as it now looks to good to be wasted on Pool
                            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• These might be of interest...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/World-clas...item3d01b64c88

Comment

• cheers jono, but iv sold a few fully hand cut cues on this thread for less than one of those drum sanded shafts.
                                i could see it though if your selling cues for 300+. even then, if your in that position then youd likely be buying them straight from the source x10 for the same price

Comment

Working...
                                X