Cannon Cues from the 1980s and 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
    By sheer chance I was clearing out old papers and came across some old invoices from Cannon, I bought quite a few Hurricanes and the trade price in 1991 for one cue was £48.50 plus £5 for 9mm £6 delivery and £8.93 VAT making a trade price total of £68.43 delivered
    I also bought quite a few CB1s and CB2s but I forget just what they were.

Comment

I had a Cannon cue as a 21st birthday present, so was purchased August 1989. It has the short butt (Hurricane?) and extension, but I've had a mini butt thread fitted to the bottom and had the extension modified so that it also fits the butt of the cue making it longer than the 72" it used to be when extended.

The cue is quite yellow ash and the butt absolutely black ebony. The guy i purchased it from (Howard Griffiths) was a pro/coach and suggested i bought the slightly cheaper cue as it was likely to still arrive evenly black and he was right. I paid £110 including an aluminium case

Comment

^ Appropriate name

Comment

Indeed it is! I asked him what he had and he said he'd for some Cannon cues and i said I'd take one, he asked if i wanted to see them first so i told him my name!

Comment

Working...
          X