Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic O'min 1pc/2pc conversion - with a GLASS joint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying around a one piece cue doesen't make sense unless your à proffesional player. I think more cues should be made with this kind of joint instead of brass. Looks nice!

Comment

Originally Posted by santaana View Post
      Carrying around a one piece cue doesen't make sense unless your à proffesional player. I think more cues should be made with this kind of joint instead of brass. Looks nice!
      Why doesn't it make sense? That's a rather stupid comment isn't it!!

Comment

I've never used anything but a 1 piece since I was 15 years old and wouldn't play with a 3/4 if it was given to me free.

Comment

Snooker is back in the dark ages when it comes to things like joint and ferrule materials. Weight of tradition and the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality' is all well and good but it stifles innovation. Well done for trying a new approach.

Comment

Why carry around on a one piece cue if you can have a cue jointed like this if it play´s the same? The owner can´t even feel the difference... Even a well made (center jointed) cue with brass joint can play as good as any one piece cue. If it´s well made the joint should not affect the way the cue plays or feel. Just a big practical difference. I think it´s quite funny when players who barely can make a 30 break talking widely about the benefits of a one piece cue of this or that special maker... Cue snobbery!

Comment

Why carry around on a one piece cue if you can have a cue jointed like this if it play´s the same? The owner can´t even feel the difference... Even a well made (center jointed) cue with brass joint can play as good as any one piece cue. If it´s well made the joint should not affect the way the cue plays or feel. Just a big practical difference. I think it´s quite funny when players who barely can make a 30 break talking widely about the benefits of a one piece cue of this or that special maker... Cue snobbery!
              Well I'm not a 30 break player and my cue isint from a special maker so your theory is void. also snobbery doesn't come into it it's what feels best for each individual and I can tell the difference in playing a shot if I use a 3/4 cue.

Comment

From what I understand, regarding center jointed cues, alot of people complain mainly about that they feel the joint under the chin when cueing. And also that the joint affect the balance point in a negative way. With this kind of joint both those to arguments seems unvalid.

Comment

Can't imagine that in a blindtest anyone could auctually feel any difference between jointed this way or a one piece.

Comment

Can't imagine that in a blindtest anyone could auctually feel any difference between jointed this way or a one piece.
                    Going back to one of your earlier comments, why is ok for a professional to have a one piece cue, but no one else???

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Well I'm not a 30 break player and my cue isint from a special maker so your theory is void. also snobbery doesn't come into it it's what feels best for each individual and I can tell the difference in playing a shot if I use a 3/4 cue.
                      Obviously it's all personal preference, but if all you've ever hit with are 3/4 cues with metal joints, then how would you know how a cue hits when it uses a centre non-metal joint?
                      Acting experience: When I play snooker and I make a shot, I act like I meant to do it.

Comment

Originally Posted by dinovirus View Post
                        Obviously it's all personal preference, but if all you've ever hit with are 3/4 cues with metal joints, then how would you know how a cue hits when it uses a centre non-metal joint?
                        I wouldn't, they may be different

Comment

Haha, I could! I have a centre-jointed Powerglide Purist from the 80s, it has a plastic ring on the butt end and the shaft has no plastic or metal, it's turned and polished wood with a protruding brass thread. They did this to allow as much feel as possible in a centre jointed cue, just one bit of plastic between the timbers. I also have lots of 1-piece cues, a couple more centre-jointed and I've owned and got rid of metal jointed 3/4 cues. I could tell you blindfolded which cue was which and which cue was made from kiln wood and which cue was made from air-dried. I reckon I'd get 30 out of 30 odd. Brass jointed cues are the worst IMO, like a hammer, no feel. Wood to wood jointed cues are good but still not as good as a 1-piece. The Powerglide solution is on a par with wood-to-wood. But nothing tops a 1-piece.

80% of pros choose a one-piece, according to Aurora. Cue makers like Mike have also said that a 1-piece has more feel and they have nothing to gain from making a jointed cue, except more hassle. You've either got the feel or you haven't. If you haven't, any old broom will do granted.

And a 1-piece is damn handsome. A jointed cue is like something beautiful that has been vandalised.
                          Last edited by Master Blaster; 3 June 2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                            Haha, I could! I have a centre-jointed Powerglide Purist from the 80s, it has a plastic ring on the butt end and the shaft has no plastic or metal, it's turned and polished wood with a protruding brass thread. They did this to allow as much feel as possible in a centre jointed cue, just one bit of plastic between the timbers. I also have lots of 1-piece cues, a couple more centre-jointed and I've owned and got rid of metal jointed 3/4 cues. I could tell you blindfolded which cue was which and which cue was made from kiln wood and which cue was made from air-dried. I reckon I'd get 30 out of 30 odd. Brass jointed cues are the worst IMO, like a hammer, no feel. Wood to wood jointed cues are good but still not as good as a 1-piece. The Powerglide solution is on a par with wood-to-wood. But nothing tops a 1-piece.

80% of pros choose a one-piece, according to Aurora. Cue makers like Mike have also said that a 1-piece has more feel and they have nothing to gain from making a jointed cue, except more hassle. You've either got the feel or you haven't. If you haven't, any old broom will do granted.

And a 1-piece is damn handsome. A jointed cue is like something beautiful that has been vandalised.
                            Total and utter tosh

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post

p.s. And a 1 piece maple (which is a deader wood compared to ash) has more feel than a jointed ash cue. Fact!

Aurora Cues (Richard) explain here (the part of the blog subtitled 'Holy Grail') why a 1-piece is superior for feel, i.e. joints 'muffle' feedback:

http://www.auroracues.com/blog/
                              Last edited by Master Blaster; 3 June 2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Please print the fact and its source

Comment

Working...
                                X