X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decided to order a Jason Owens cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      A lad i know has one, paid over £500 for it and that was collecting it from Thailand, very expensive model
      He must have included the air fare into the calculation unless he has gotten omin ultimate. As of last year, the omin hunter should be tops of £300 (12000 - 15000 thai baht depending which hunter series). Total spend about £400 for a omin hunter 2, long extension, matching mini butt, magnetic chalk holder and leatherette case. Hope this little info helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by SK147 View Post
        He must have included the air fare into the calculation unless he has gotten omin ultimate. As of last year, the omin hunter should be tops of £300 (12000 - 15000 thai baht depending which hunter series). Total spend about £400 for a omin hunter 2, long extension, matching mini butt, magnetic chalk holder and leatherette case. Hope this little info helps.
        Thought they were much much more than that!

Comment

been in contact with maximus and looking at paying 150 plus postage and import tax but also been talking to Jason Owen which is better cue and why

Comment

Both just as good, Maximus will be cheaper

Comment

is there much difference in shaft quality?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Thought they were much much more than that!
                Seriously, that's what I paid for and it's self collect in Thailand (was also there for a short vacation). The cue was on the same flight as me but in cargo compartment. I'm not too sure about the tax system in UK. Maybe additional tax was imposed by the UK customs? From what I observed, cues not originated from its continental boundaries usually cost alot more than what it's suppose to be. On the side note, I ordered a TW early this year. Wanted to try the difference between a UK made cue vs a thai cue. Hopefully trevor can drop me an early xmas present *hint hint*.

Comment

I have decided to order a cue of Jason Owen if I ever go Thailand I'll pick one up while there as the difference in price in UK is double as I got sent the price list of maximum and there cheap over there

Comment

maxiums-omin

I'm off to thailand on me hols soon, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of buying a thai cue? looking to spend 150 max - that's GBP not Baht, obviously.

there's a shop off sukhumvit (soi about 15?) that sells loads of cues, but it's always shut, you have to phone a number to get in, and i can't be arsed with interminable Tinglish conversations, so I've not bothered before - anywhere else people can recommend?

any tips on shipping? or bringing it back through customs? how about maker?

Comment

maximus or omin

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                        I'm off to thailand on me hols soon, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of buying a thai cue? looking to spend 150 max - that's GBP not Baht, obviously.

there's a shop off sukhumvit (soi about 15?) that sells loads of cues, but it's always shut, you have to phone a number to get in, and i can't be arsed with interminable Tinglish conversations, so I've not bothered before - anywhere else people can recommend?

any tips on shipping? or bringing it back through customs? how about maker?
                        you may wanna visit Ton praram an Niche cues . also top cue makers .

Comment

Niche is a bit tough to get too apparently. You would really need a guide to get to niche.

Comment

Also Maximus and ton have full size tables to try cues. Don't think niche has

Comment

Thanks for info !
                              Yeah , it's better to try before u buy . That's for sure !!
                              I've tried all of them . Niche ultimate an maximus an praram limited .
                              All of them re top qlty cues an great players .
                              The finish of maximus I saw , was better than Niche .

Comment

Guys,
                                how would you rank the Thai cues? Which brand offers the best quality? GBL? Maximus? Tom Praran? Niche? Or it's about the same?
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X