No announcement yet.

John Parris Ultimate or Traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in what I ordered in the end I went for 3/4 ultimate, Ash, 58 inch, 30mm butt, 9.75mm tip 18.5 oz
    Ebony butt with 4 secondary splices of quilted maple.

Only got 12-18 months to wait now lol

Comment

Somthing to look forwerd to
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        Somthing to look forwerd to
        Something to aim my first ton for mate as said earlier saves me going off my head waiting on JP to make it, the cue is my reward for hitting the first magical century before i chucked it i was hitting 80s and 90s fairly regularly but no ton since I came back its couple of 70s and 60s so the scoring power is coming the more time i put on the practice table so the cue is my motivation to justify having a belter of a cue lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
          Something to aim my first ton for mate as said earlier saves me going off my head waiting on JP to make it, the cue is my reward for hitting the first magical century before i chucked it i was hitting 80s and 90s fairly regularly but no ton since I came back its couple of 70s and 60s so the scoring power is coming the more time i put on the practice table so the cue is my motivation to justify having a belter of a cue lol
          Well thats good ad love a 60 lol.what cue do you have the now ? And ware u playing?
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
            Well thats good ad love a 60 lol.what cue do you have the now ? And ware u playing?
            I have a welsh black 3/4 from the boys at Welsh Pool Trading it plays pretty well, great value for money. I like the reaction I can get with it on the white with very little effort I tend to fit it with Talisman tips which helps also, I'm thinking of trying Kamui cos I've heard they have similar qualities to the talisman.

Mainly I play at the Inn off in renfrew but now and again I go up the Q club to play on the match tables.
            Yourself?

Comment

Looks like I'm going to need to cancel my order for 3/4 ultimate as Parris shop just called me to say they found my order from over 4 years ago to a different email address for a 1 piece ultimate with the traditional style ovangak and maple splices it's been ready since June and they have been contacting my old email which I dont have access to.

Looks like someone is getting an Ultimate for xmas and I'm in London next week to pick up a new car could not have timed it better to see the famous parris shop. Over the moon.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to need to cancel my order for 3/4 ultimate as Parris shop just called me to say they found my order from over 4 years ago to a different email address for a 1 piece ultimate with the traditional style ovangak and maple splices it's been ready since June and they have been contacting my old email which I dont have access to.

Looks like someone is getting an Ultimate for xmas and I'm in London next week to pick up a new car could not have timed it better to see the famous parris shop. Over the moon.
                I love this hahaha

Comment

wow, well done JP for doing a check
                  don't forget to post pictures and specs, etc., when you get your "old" order! :biggrin:
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You are very lucky he didn't put it in the shop for sale because usually they only hang onto the cues for a short period of time once they are ready. If you don't pay the balance, you lose out.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      You are very lucky he didn't put it in the shop for sale because usually they only hang onto the cues for a short period of time once they are ready. If you don't pay the balance, you lose out.
                      yeah he said they were just about to put it into stock but Christine recognised my name from the emails I had been sending on the new 3/4

Comment

So had you forgot about that order then ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          So had you forgot about that order then ?
                          No I asked them about it and gave the old email address and my name bank card number etc and they couldn't get a hit on the electronic system for any of it being ordered. Luckily they must have been checking the actual cue's in the workshop or stock room or wherever and the bit of paper with the cue tied up to my name and email address so I've just been very lucky.

Especially since it was a 1 piece I wanted I was only going for the 3/4 cos of the waiting times.

Comment

Well thats a result and a have pall did u cancel 3/4
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

[QUOTE=Stevie1;947651]Well thats a result you got there pall so did you cancel order for 3/4 cue then ?
                              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                One of the main selling points of the Ultimate cue before the days of the internet, when we had the literature detailing the cues and ranges was that the Ultimate cue was completely planed down by hand from start to finish. Whereas the other range of cues are turned on a lathe to an oversized taper and then planed down by hand to their finished size.
                                Yeah sure, that's why he used to come
                                to Telford in a Tranny and buy shafts all turned by lathe.

Comment

Working...
                                X