John Parris Ultimate or Traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I'm only playing once or twice a week for few hours. My JP special still knocking in the breaks though lol. How many pear wood cues you got hoarded away now?
    You not the cue mate, you'd make i reckon a matchwinning break of 70 plus with a broom if you put your mind to it.
    And to answer your question how many check your pm box in a mo

Comment

I must be slipping Mr.P as i thought you were MB!
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Mr Pearwood i can promiss you i have no need for a spelchequer.

Mye spelin haz always bin mi strongist poynt.

Comment

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
          Mr Pearwood i can promiss you i have no need for a spelchequer.

Mye spelin haz always bin mi strongist poynt.

*point:smug:
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

My 1 piece ultimate is coming tomorrow it's being packaged up in the parris shop today so for all the negative comments about John's cue's I havent paid 1 blind bit of notice I'm excited to see what the very best in cue craftsmanship actually looks and plays like.

Anyone wanting me to post some pictures I'll stick them up theres no point in hijacking this full thread with parris hating political crap from people with their own agendas.

Comment

Christmas come early for you
              (make sure the missus is out of the house when the courier arrives )

please do post pictures and spec
              either here or on the "Pictures of your cue" thread in the Cues section
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Christmas come early for you
                (make sure the missus is out of the house when the courier arrives )

please do post pictures and spec
                either here or on the "Pictures of your cue" thread in the Cues section
                Cheers mate I'll post some on here tomorrow.

Spec is:

57"
                9.5mm tip (talisman)
                18 oz
                30mm butt

1 piece ultimate with 'Traditional' style
                Spice of Ovangak and thick veneer of maple.

Plus the usual SD joint and extensions

Comment

Yes pall get pics up and if u dont like it give me a shout
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

Sounds exciting mate.

Hope it delivers on the quality, which I'm sure it will. Pics when you're ready, please

Comment

Cheers lads I will really looking forward to getting a game with it, my friend is a big advocate of the 1 piece and he's been telling me it will help my game also this is my first one coming from always using 3/4 I'm keen to see if the old thing about having more feel through the 1 piece is true could be a little bit of advantage to my short game.

Comment

I switched to a one piece cue a year ago and I think the feel is more consistent but after time I think it matters less as you just get used to it anyway. A brass joint will clearly affect the feel of the wood on a shot, but I guess you get used to that as much as the feel of the wood itself.

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                          I switched to a one piece cue a year ago and I think the feel is more consistent but after time I think it matters less as you just get used to it anyway. A brass joint will clearly affect the feel of the wood on a shot, but I guess you get used to that as much as the feel of the wood itself.
                          My old cue is great I'm still going to keep it, it's a fantastic Welsh Black by welsh pool trading but I've fancied switching to one piece for quite a while. In general ive read the 3/4 is good for more cue power cos naturally its easier to make it a heavy cue but can sometimes compromise for feel where the one piece can obviously still play the full range of shots in the right hands but perhaps a little bit more organic touch of the wood through the shot helps the player get the feedback of the shot.

Comment

Roflmao When you stick it on ebay a month later saying how fantastic it is but you just cant get used to a one piece so thus its for sale, remember to add the crap about it being powerful, an organic feel, a super player etc etc etc.
                            Oh and just for you i up my offer to £20 for a little video showing the perfect workmanship re: the splicing of the worlds best cue maker. Hahaha

Comment

Originally Posted by MrPearwood View Post
                              Roflmao When you stick it on ebay a month later saying how fantastic it is but you just cant get used to a one piece so thus its for sale, remember to add the crap about it being powerful, an organic feel, a super player etc etc etc.
                              Oh and just for you i up my offer to £20 for a little video showing the perfect workmanship re: the splicing of the worlds best cue maker. Hahaha
                              yawn.......

Anyway it looks stunning got it sitting next to me in work it's a long wait until 5 oclock to test this bad boy out, is it wrong that after 5 years waiting all I want to do is take it out and stare at it for a bit but no one in my work will understand haha

He does make exceptional cues there is no doubt about that it looks amazing

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                                yawn.......

Anyway it looks stunning got it sitting next to me in work it's a long wait until 5 oclock to test this bad boy out, is it wrong that after 5 years waiting all I want to do is take it out and stare at it for a bit but no one in my work will understand haha

He does make exceptional cues there is no doubt about that it looks amazing
                                Yes, never mind what jealous people say, they are great cues and all that matters is you are happy with it. Pearwood will no longer be along shortly to put a negative on it, (any mod kindly tell me why he hasn't been banned?), but just ignore his baiting.

Hope to see some pics of it soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X