Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very rare I think.

Comment

I've been a few times and it is rare. Usually a customer who hasn't got on with it and wants a change I think. Most probably just try and sell it on eBay but the charges and packaging become a hassle so a few probably opt to go back to JP.

I have seen a Paragon and Special before, but usually a rack with a couple of Uniques, then a thin selection of the standard range cues are available. As a guess not more than 20-30 cues in the shop each time I've been.

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
        I've been a few times and it is rare. Usually a customer who hasn't got on with it and wants a change I think. Most probably just try and sell it on eBay but the charges and packaging become a hassle so a few probably opt to go back to JP.

I have seen a Paragon and Special before, but usually a rack with a couple of Uniques, then a thin selection of the standard range cues are available. As a guess not more than 20-30 cues in the shop each time I've been.
        Doesn't help when people are visiting the shop numerous times per day and snagging the 1 piece cues for an immediate ebay sale. Mention no names but there's one person who does it incredibly regularly, generally they seem to grab the unique 1 piece cues or the traditionals.

Comment

Yep, and I was successful on a bid for one of his cues a year or so ago and apparently it was stolen from his van so he cancelled the sale! So he maintains his 100% feedback.

Comment

Yep, and I was successful on a bid for one of his cues a year or so ago and apparently it was stolen from his van so he cancelled the sale! So he maintains his 100% feedback.
            I honestly don't see why JP lets them do this, yes money is money but that's just profiteering. It's not as if its only an occasional thing either.

Comment

I did speak to John regarding this and although he doesn’t like it, he quite rightly said he cannot really stop anyone from purchasing a cue that they have in the shop that is for sale.

Originally Posted by narl View Post
              I honestly don't see why JP lets them do this, yes money is money but that's just profiteering. It's not as if its only an occasional thing either.

Comment

Originally Posted by FMeister View Post
                I did speak to John regarding this and although he doesn’t like it, he quite rightly said he cannot really stop anyone from purchasing a cue that they have in the shop that is for sale.
                Yeah its a **** take, he tried to stop this before by only letting people walking into the shop buy stock cues and anyone else had to order one. But money is money after all.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Doesn't help when people are visiting the shop numerous times per day and snagging the 1 piece cues for an immediate ebay sale. Mention no names but there's one person who does it incredibly regularly, generally they seem to grab the unique 1 piece cues or the traditionals.
                  I know who you mean!

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                    I know who you mean!
                    Yeah, suppose it can be annoying for legit customers looking for one and then having to pay a premium. =/

Comment

I suppose the risk is that the game may not be so popular in 5 years time - you cannot predict the strength of the re-sale market in 5 years.
                      True it's a gamble, but I think there will always be a decent market for something that has a 5 year waiting time with people who want to avoid the queue. Even if you only get 10% more than the purchase price it's better than the current bank rate and I would say it's a safer bet than shares as at least you have something tangible to show for your money.

Comment

Overpriced rubbish. Splicing is subpar and some shafts are questionable to say the least. Easy £1500 for a 1pc! I'll have a couple up for sale in 5 years. Far better cue makers out there at half the price.

Comment

There are plenty of other cue makers out there who will deliver a better quality cue in much less time. I ordered my last cue in March last year and picked it up in May and the quality is 2nd to none and less than a Parris cue too

Comment

Short of quality shafts? You're pulling my leg. How can the world's most famous snooker cue not have enough quality shafts? Come on JP, multi million pound turnover you should have a few go to suppliers in the UK, if not overseas.

I think it's basically his workshop has reached capacity and needs to expand to meet the demand. If JP charged £2K minimum for a 1 piece Ultimate there will still be a healthy demand for it.

The World's is just around the corner and I'm quite sure the BBC or one of the presenters/commentators will plug Parris cues again as they have done for years. Free publicity equals £££.

I'm not knocking JP but he should scale up his business to maximize sales. There are Chinese who orders 10+ one piece Ultimates and then flogs it for double the price in China. Better return than an ISA.

Comment

JP must be nearing 70. Maybe he's just not interested in scaling up now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                                JP must be nearing 70. Maybe he's just not interested in scaling up now.

He hasn't aged much and looks like in his mid 50's.

Comment

Working...
                                X