Parris delivery times = mental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    what bull. Firstly if he had such strict quality control why is there so many cues with crappy splicing coming out of his workshop. You tell me other cuemakers also don't choose their own wood what with all the hype nowadays around grain etc. Then my man you are either stupid or naïve or worse both(or maybe its in your own business interest seeing the amount of JP cues you sell). Customers are more informed these days due to the internet making people aware of other possible cue designs and thus they are more demanding. No more can cue shops or workshops get away with substandard work. JP is just on a good wicket and credit to him for his marketing efforts but seriously the man produces crap in general.
    wow.. you seriously have an issue with JP.. nothing but running your mouth off - heres the fact - majority of the top pros will use his cues.. these are the guys that make their living playing snooker.. stands to reason that the product is not the way you tell it. I was in his shop a last month and although his off the rack stock is not a full as it used to be I practically picked up every cue there looking for what felt right.. not a single one out of about 50 in total had crappy splicing.. I can only surmise that you have been fed a dodgy replica (of which there are planty) to form your views.

Comment

I have no issue and call a spade a spade. There's tons of examples of crappy splicework on original John Parris cues. If you call what I am doing running my mouth off then matey I have handled more cues than you ever would and currently have around 200 cues. All of them superb examples of what a cue should be. SO if I am running my mouth of at least I have a standard to which I refer to. The so called crappy splicing that you refer to is mainly prevalent with JP amongst high end cuemakers. I have a hunt and Osborne. Owned 3 parris. Had a Wooldridge. Tony glover trevor white and the list goes on. SO don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. JP cues was the worst of the lot. The majority of the pros use JP cues cos JP goes running after them bending backwards to please them cos he knows which way his bread is buttered. Fact. His cues are crap. Way better for the money out there. However this is a brand conscious world and people with their money will spend it where they will.

Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
      wow.. you seriously have an issue with JP.. nothing but running your mouth off - heres the fact - majority of the top pros will use his cues.. these are the guys that make their living playing snooker.. stands to reason that the product is not the way you tell it. I was in his shop a last month and although his off the rack stock is not a full as it used to be I practically picked up every cue there looking for what felt right.. not a single one out of about 50 in total had crappy splicing.. I can only surmise that you have been fed a dodgy replica (of which there are planty) to form your views.
      Last edited by sanman; 2 May 2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

what bull. Firstly if he had such strict quality control why is there so many cues with crappy splicing coming out of his workshop. You tell me other cuemakers also don't choose their own wood what with all the hype nowadays around grain etc. Then my man you are either stupid or naïve or worse both(or maybe its in your own business interest seeing the amount of JP cues you sell). Customers are more informed these days due to the internet making people aware of other possible cue designs and thus they are more demanding. No more can cue shops or workshops get away with substandard work. JP is just on a good wicket and credit to him for his marketing efforts but seriously the man produces crap in general.
        One thing to appreciate here Dodger, in your text here you are talking in business terms "front of house" the cues in John's shop and those that "he" personally makes (not the staff) for those pros you mention are his shop window to his buying public, that's why they are good quality.

If you dig through data in the history on this forum you will see many bad examples of Parris cues, so it's not a case of sour grapes, its been evidenced over some time.

Same with cars really even BMW. Audi and Mercedes have had poor quality moments in their histories. Trouble is mud sticks and many people on here have sought other alternatives that have yielded same quality and playing characteristics without the long wait.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F293071517783

Here you go Dodger. Just one example of his 'top end' cues with terrible splice work. It's overpriced rubbish. Should never have left the workshop....yet it's selling for 1.3k hahahahaha

Comment

I have no issue and call a spade a spade. There's tons of examples of crappy splicework on original John Parris cues. If you call what I am doing running my mouth off then matey I have handled more cues than you ever would and currently have around 200 cues. All of them superb examples of what a cue should be. SO if I am running my mouth of at least I have a standard to which I refer to. The so called crappy splicing that you refer to is mainly prevalent with JP amongst high end cuemakers. I have a hunt and Osborne. Owned 3 parris. Had a Wooldridge. Tony glover trevor white and the list goes on. SO don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. JP cues was the worst of the lot. The majority of the pros use JP cues cos JP goes running after them bending backwards to please them cos he knows which way his bread is buttered. Fact. His cues are crap. Way better for the money out there. However this is a brand conscious world and people with their money will spend it where they will.
            I am not here to get into arguments on a board matey - I do enough of that on a cricket board. So you have 200 cues; that would suggest you are either a retailer or a very enthusiastic collector. You assume you have handled more cues that I have, you do not know me from Adam and whilst that statement may or may not be be true there was a time when I was fully immersed into snooker, that I had my hands on all sorts of cues from high end to crappy knock offs. You seem to be very vocal in your dislike which is fine, you are of course fully entitled to your opinion as is everbody else - but do you have to do it everytime Parris cues are mentioned because I get the point - you do not like JP cues - fine - you dont have to regurgitate that opinion endlessly. I certainly did not state that you do not know what you are talking about however, just because you say "Fact." does not make it so. Like most people I form my own opinion and tend not to listen to blowhards that say..I own this and i have done that...I am the big I am.. deflate your ego a little and perhaps accept that there are good and bad cues no matter whom the manufacturer may be. If a manufacturuer makes bad cues they would be out of business in a pretty short time whether they be Parris or anybody else.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              One thing to appreciate here Dodger, in your text here you are talking in business terms "front of house" the cues in John's shop and those that "he" personally makes (not the staff) for those pros you mention are his shop window to his buying public, that's why they are good quality.

If you dig through data in the history on this forum you will see many bad examples of Parris cues, so it's not a case of sour grapes, its been evidenced over some time.

Same with cars really even BMW. Audi and Mercedes have had poor quality moments in their histories. Trouble is mud sticks and many people on here have sought other alternatives that have yielded same quality and playing characteristics without the long wait.
              I get what you are saying here.. I really do however..if they were as bad as you say.. then he would have gone out of business a long time ago.. at the end of the day its not the Pros that he earns his living from.. its the regular joes that buy his cues..and to repeat what I said before..if they were bad..then he would not still be in business with a stupidly long order book.

Comment

Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F293071517783

Here you go Dodger. Just one example of his 'top end' cues with terrible splice work. It's overpriced rubbish. Should never have left the workshop....yet it's selling for 1.3k hahahahaha
                Its not a flattering picture for sure - that said.. I dont think that you can tell for sure without being able to hold it in your hands and have a good old proper look at it. My first questions.. is it a real one..if so has the cue been worked on by someone else after the initial purchase.. why would you accept the cue and not have it re-done assuming that the first two questions are yes.. you cant tell a good cue from bad by pictures (well most the time)..only by handling it and forming a real opinion can that be done.

Comment

The majority of people who complain about Parris cues on this forum aren't the cue owners. They're people who have seen the cues on ebay. Ebay photos are usually crap and I've seen a cue which looked terrible one day reposted with a new set off photos a week later, and it looked spot on. Ebay photos aren't the same as seeing or using a cue in person.

I don't think I've ever seen a post when someone has said 'just received my new Parris Ultimate and it plays like rubbish'. From my perspective, if I ordered a custom 1k+ ultimate cue from any seller and it had terrible splicing, it would be going straight back to get sorted. If someone has accepted a mess of a cue and done nothing, they share the blame with the cue maker.

Parris cues are more expensive than most other makers, but I actually don't think they are ridiculously so. My 9 ball cue cost me near the price of an ultimate, and it certainly isn't a cue by anyone considered one of the top makers. Anyway, what's the issue? Just don't buy one if you think it's too expensive, don't have to slag off all the cues and everyone who buys them or enquires. If someone decides they want a Parris, that's what they're going to get. It's the top name, rightly or wrongly, and it's a luxury item. If someone wants to treat themselves to a luxury item, that's their choice.

Comment

That photo is probably the worst I've seen, bad pictures do lie but I doubt that's the case here. Surely that splicing must've been done after it left the Parris workshop!

Yes you get the odd suspect looking cue but it certainly won't be every cue, if it was as said earlier there'd be no business. I don't own a Parris cue, but I've seen plenty and for the most part the ones I've seen are good cues. John himself always come across as a very nice chap too.

Before he stopped working on other cuemakers' cues I once had him rectify a problem with a brand new cue I had ordered from a cuemaker/dealer who on this forum gets nothing but praise. It's all about opinions ultimately but personally my experiences with John have been nothing but good.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I get what you are saying here.. I really do however..if they were as bad as you say.. then he would have gone out of business a long time ago.. at the end of the day its not the Pros that he earns his living from.. its the regular joes that buy his cues..and to repeat what I said before..if they were bad..then he would not still be in business with a stupidly long order book.
                      Thanks, couple of points I'd like to clear up as it's difficult in text to always get the right point across and I don't say his cues are bad.

>John Parris makes quality cues.
                      >There are "some" bad examples. (German car analogy )
                      >Buyers of JP cues who expect perfection should just be aware of this to avoid disappointment.
                      >All businesses with a good product will struggle with demand and quality. It's the after care service that is then important and John in any instance I've ever seen will do whatever he can to make amends if a customer is not happy.

Enjoy your new cue.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I am not here to get into arguments on a board matey - I do enough of that on a cricket board. So you have 200 cues; that would suggest you are either a retailer or a very enthusiastic collector. You assume you have handled more cues that I have, you do not know me from Adam and whilst that statement may or may not be be true there was a time when I was fully immersed into snooker, that I had my hands on all sorts of cues from high end to crappy knock offs. You seem to be very vocal in your dislike which is fine, you are of course fully entitled to your opinion as is everbody else - but do you have to do it everytime Parris cues are mentioned because I get the point - you do not like JP cues - fine - you dont have to regurgitate that opinion endlessly. I certainly did not state that you do not know what you are talking about however, just because you say "Fact." does not make it so. Like most people I form my own opinion and tend not to listen to blowhards that say..I own this and i have done that...I am the big I am.. deflate your ego a little and perhaps accept that there are good and bad cues no matter whom the manufacturer may be. If a manufacturuer makes bad cues they would be out of business in a pretty short time whether they be Parris or anybody else.
                        1. You started this argument with your initial reply to my post.
                        2. I am a collector trader and I have dabbled in making cues as well.
                        3. The fact that I have said I have handled more cues than you ever will comes from personal experience. I have handled 10s of thousands of cues. Had a hit or two with a most of them. Unless you have handled that many which very few people have I stand by what I said.
                        4. I have stated I don't like them and there is a reason why. Every time someone shows up with a JP cue its like we must bow down to them and revere them. I have seen the same attitude here when someone posts a crappy looking JP and then we hear oh wow and great looking cue. just have a look at the "post pictures of your cues" page on this forum if you don't believe me. My personal experience have led me to conclude JP cues are ordinary. Nothing special. As for the argument that he would be out of business if his cues weren't that good. put this way. The traditional model is one of JPs and as well as one of the most sought after designs. Know why. Ronnie. Its commonly reffered to as the Ronnie cue. So the fact that JP ensures that the professionals are well pleased with his product means that everyone else would automatically imply his product is by extension the best on the market. I can tell you for a fact JP cues don't even come close to a lot of cuemakers. 5. This being a forum I will express my opinion. Don't like it, tough. Slagging JP off. I am not. If you think I am a blowhard, your problem is you either don't think very well or you don't think at all.

Comment

1. You started this argument with your initial reply to my post.
                          2. I am a collector trader and I have dabbled in making cues as well.
                          3. The fact that I have said I have handled more cues than you ever will comes from personal experience. I have handled 10s of thousands of cues. Had a hit or two with a most of them. Unless you have handled that many which very few people have I stand by what I said.
                          4. I have stated I don't like them and there is a reason why. Every time someone shows up with a JP cue its like we must bow down to them and revere them. I have seen the same attitude here when someone posts a crappy looking JP and then we hear oh wow and great looking cue. just have a look at the "post pictures of your cues" page on this forum if you don't believe me. My personal experience have led me to conclude JP cues are ordinary. Nothing special. As for the argument that he would be out of business if his cues weren't that good. put this way. The traditional model is one of JPs and as well as one of the most sought after designs. Know why. Ronnie. Its commonly reffered to as the Ronnie cue. So the fact that JP ensures that the professionals are well pleased with his product means that everyone else would automatically imply his product is by extension the best on the market. I can tell you for a fact JP cues don't even come close to a lot of cuemakers. 5. This being a forum I will express my opinion. Don't like it, tough. Slagging JP off. I am not. If you think I am a blowhard, your problem is you either don't think very well or you don't think at all.
                          1 - nope. afraid not but merely indicated a point that you hate JP cues with a vengeance and seem to bring it up all the time.. its boring

2 - good for you - explains a lot

3 - more of the big I am... give it a rest.. its boring

4 - you are very much entitled to your opinion as are we all - constantly ramming it down peoples throat is not the way imho. Of course the 'ronnie' design is popular but like all things that too will go away. Ronnie was not even a name when I got my first JP amongst many many others folks doing the same thing. He was still playing the Sat tournaments like a lot of us.
                          Again - just because YOU say FACT it does not make it so... as much as you would appear to think it you are NOT the font of all things snooker.

5 - You appear to be the one that does not like anyone having a different opinion so there is something we can agree upon - this being a forum I will express my opinion - namely that good and bad cues come from all over... not just a singled out manufacturer. Dont like it...Tough !!

Finally in answer to your last statement - I certainly do think you have an over inflated ego full of self importance and the want to be seen as the source of all FACT regardless of whether the statements are correct or not. Narcissitic is the term that comes to mind - I think very well actually because it would seem, and this is just an observation.. that you seem blinkered where JP is concerned and cannot see past the small handful of JP cues you have experience of versus the many many thousands already out there.

Done with this now - much better things to do that to argue with a close minded individual that wont take a back step to his ego.

Comment

and I have much better things than to argue with an blowhard who doesn't seem to understand simple English. FACT

1 - nope. afraid not but merely indicated a point that you hate JP cues with a vengeance and seem to bring it up all the time.. its boring

2 - good for you - explains a lot

3 - more of the big I am... give it a rest.. its boring

4 - you are very much entitled to your opinion as are we all - constantly ramming it down peoples throat is not the way imho. Of course the 'ronnie' design is popular but like all things that too will go away. Ronnie was not even a name when I got my first JP amongst many many others folks doing the same thing. He was still playing the Sat tournaments like a lot of us.
                            Again - just because YOU say FACT it does not make it so... as much as you would appear to think it you are NOT the font of all things snooker.

5 - You appear to be the one that does not like anyone having a different opinion so there is something we can agree upon - this being a forum I will express my opinion - namely that good and bad cues come from all over... not just a singled out manufacturer. Dont like it...Tough !!

Finally in answer to your last statement - I certainly do think you have an over inflated ego full of self importance and the want to be seen as the source of all FACT regardless of whether the statements are correct or not. Narcissitic is the term that comes to mind - I think very well actually because it would seem, and this is just an observation.. that you seem blinkered where JP is concerned and cannot see past the small handful of JP cues you have experience of versus the many many thousands already out there.

Done with this now - much better things to do that to argue with a close minded individual that wont take a back step to his ego.

Comment

Oh dear. This is all a bit unnecessary.

We should have a thread dedicated to opinion vs fact. OPINION

Comment

Think we should just agree to disagree sanman or else this will go on forever. :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X