This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jayleedenog View Post
    Hi Uncle Suvit and Freddie, It's been a long while since my last visit. Howz you two doing? The cue I've ordered with the help of Uncle Suvit came at the end of July. It's so beautiful. I'll manage to post the pics when I find a cable to my camera...my own got lost...
    Hi, how's the weather going. I thought your wife broke the cue already You saw my 12-splice new stick ? After 3 days of playing with it, the cue weight (not my weight) does not fit me much after hours of games. But the shaft is really really playing good, like your cue. Happy score counting
    It's in the Shaft

Comment

• This is an old EJR a pal of mine picvked up at a car boot, the other he picked up at the same time was a beaut. Anyway for refurbishsing the other one, he gave me this one. I only really wanted the ebony as the shaft had been snapped many years ago and reglued.

Before butchering it, I stuck a ferrule on (for some reason the ferrule looks squint but it's not and it's one of the best cues I've ever hit the ball with.

Amazing really, am now using it.

Comment

• Here's half a dozen I pulled out from under the bed the other night with a view to putting them on here. All good playing cues.

I'd be very interested and grateful for a bit of advice on two of them. I had the joint on the Hunt & O'Byrne done by craftsman a few years ago, anyway am thinking of sending it to H&O again to get a redo. Also the shaft is beginning to show some signs of wear and tear and over the years the tip size is now about 8.88mm so I was thinking of getting this tapered down to 8.5 and a second shaft made for snooker. Does anyone know is this a job H&O would now be likely to be interested in doing?

The other is the R Stevens Champion cue. It's a bit short, I would say about 56'' and is in excess of 10.5mm at the tip. I was thinking of splicing some tulipwood and veneers onto the bottom to bring it up to length as it is a really good old ash shaft, I've never seen or heard of the cue before and before doing anything to it, wondered if it would be of interest to anyone for a collection?
        Last edited by jb134; 13 December 2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• The badges and screws on the Burwat & Lindrum cues look brand new, are these replica cues ??? what are specs and are they for sale ??

Comment

• thats a very nice looking burwat you have there jb

Comment

• Thank you nostawmail, yes JCR both are replicas, made by Tony Glover, the Champ is for sale, the Lindrum is not. I'vehad a wee bit of interest so to make things clear, of those pictured, only the champ is for sale. Unless I get a decent offer for the Wooly

Comment

• My three musketeers

Last edited by seedslim; 14 December 2010, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Very nice cue there Seed

Love your TW :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                    Hi, how's the weather going. I thought your wife broke the cue already You saw my 12-splice new stick ? After 3 days of playing with it, the cue weight (not my weight) does not fit me much after hours of games. But the shaft is really really playing good, like your cue. Happy score counting
                    My cue is quite good, fit me well, all my friends in da club tried and they were amazed bout it. They say it's better than the cues they bought from Australia. I told them its custom cue, not those machined cues .

A few of them were asking me if I could help them to order they own custom cues, so is UT still doing cues? or he has retired already?

Freddie, I found it bit hard to come back to my previous stage, right now can only do some 30 40 breaks, nothing more...poor.

Comment

• Yes .. he is still doing cues.. back still got many orders to go

Comment

• My Trevor White

Here is my new TW cue

Spec: 57", 9.5MM, 19 oz, 29mm and balanced at 17"
                        4 cocobolo splices over Mable/Black/Mable veneers.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally Posted by ibooges View Post
                          Here is my new TW cue

Spec: 57", 9.5MM, 19 oz, 29mm and balanced at 17"
                          4 cocobolo splices over Mable/Black/Mable veneers.
                          Stunning looking cue.

Comment

• How do you upload a pic more than the 3mb allowed through attachments.
                            "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• I know this thread is dedicated to cues, but I just wanted to share some pics of my North Wales case. :snooker:

Crispian Jones is a top fella and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone wanting a top quality case.

Last edited by MattCash; 15 February 2012, 01:30 AM. Reason: no longer own cue

Comment

• Matthew that's a loverly case m8, What Cues are they in the Case.

Cheers Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                                X