Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Inoffthered; 25 June 2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Yes you have the correct 4 semi-finalists on my JP 1990 cue ....each one wrote "Steve Davis 1990" etc etc so by putting the date on their sigs it at least it really adds to the history. The cue case is also signed with 22 sigs on it, most of whom were competitirs at the Crucible that year (Griffiths, Mountjoy, Ebdon, Wattana to name a couple....) When I get round to it I will mount it all together in a frame and stick it on the wall.

As for the Powerglide Senator (will get photos but currently sitting in my locker at the club) I bought it when I was 14 so 1982 and I got the catalogue after seeing Powerglide advertised in Snooker Scene (remember them ?). Anyway there were a range of about 20 cues in the brochure some of which were hand spliced, some machine spliced. The cue I bought was more expensive than the Connie and cost about £100 I think. It is a great looking cue but simple not fancy. Ebony butt, ash shaft, fairly simple splice. Weighs about 17 oz, 57" long. Kind of like a JP Professional actually I would say (one of which by coincidence I own as well).

Comment

• Comment

• Sweet looking cue gld

Comment

• Couple pictures of my Grandfathers cues. They are very old now but still play very well. Thinking about getting them restored for him. They're currently leaning against a wall in his hall which really grinds my gears!

Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

• My new John Parris Special Cue .
              57 1/2" , 17.3 oz , 9.2mm tip .

[/IMG]

Excuse the pic of the Mrs feet !
              Last edited by Neil Taperell; 5 July 2011, 08:25 PM.
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• So long as you are happy with it Neil that is all that matters, all I can see is a badly finished butt, with deep surface linishing marks that will in not to long a time help to dry out your cue completely and bring with it all it's undesired results.
                Poor workmanship on the butt, should be fine sanded then sealed, take it to an expert wood worker and have him seal it then apply a heavy coat of carnuba/beeswax mixture,let that soak in overnight then give it a vigorous rub with a dry towel, you'll be amazed at the difference it makes both visually and from a playing point of view.
                Good Luck.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  My new John Parris Special Cue .
                  57 1/2" , 17.3 oz , 9.2mm tip .

[/IMG]

Excuse the pic of the Mrs feet !
                  I like the shaft. :-) Did you have this cue custom made for you?
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
                    So long as you are happy with it Neil that is all that matters, all I can see is a badly finished butt, with deep surface linishing marks that will in not to long a time help to dry out your cue completely and bring with it all it's undesired results.
                    Poor workmanship on the butt, should be fine sanded then sealed, take it to an expert wood worker and have him seal it then apply a heavy coat of carnuba/beeswax mixture,let that soak in overnight then give it a vigorous rub with a dry towel, you'll be amazed at the difference it makes both visually and from a playing point of view.
                    Good Luck.
                    i really don't think you can pass judgement on the Finnish of a cue just buy the pic. ive seen get cues look bad and bad cues look good but u can never tell til your holding them in real life

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      I like the shaft. :-) Did you have this cue custom made for you?
                      No Airin , it just happened to be in his shop last week . I like the shaft as well . don't like too many chevrons on the shaft .

P.S how are your snooker cloths coming along ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
                        So long as you are happy with it Neil that is all that matters, all I can see is a badly finished butt, with deep surface linishing marks that will in not to long a time help to dry out your cue completely and bring with it all it's undesired results.
                        Good Luck.
                        I can assure you that it is finished very well . Seems to be the flash from the camera and the white walls that make it look like that .

I will forward your comments to John and await his response .

At least i know it's not a fake ebay cue .

As Jayj says you can't tell by a picture . You need to see it 1st hand .

Put it this way , the ex - pro who came with me to buy it and checked it out could not fault it .

Comment

• Neil, Is it cocobolo splices?
                          looks really nice with the coloured veneer.
                          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Hi Jason , It's Rosewood , sonokeling i believe . The veneer is not that bright as it appears in the pictures and is quite subtle against the rosewood . I think John said that the veneer is a dyed sycamore .

Thanks

Comment

• Nice cue mate hope you enjoy it!

Comment

• As long as you like it Neil, nothing else matters, no matter what others may say.

Comment

Working...
                                X