This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    lmao! not quite what you ordered? i guess 'ultimate' stands for ultimate f*ck up...

why don't you just send it back and get a replacement?
    hi mike its still a great cue and i need a cue atm. so the full story is i rang john and gave him the dates id be over here and asked if i could get one on that time line and he said yes but ash 3/4 would be the best bet to be finished so i ordered it and paid all bar the vat. then i rang 3 months ago to check on it and he didn't has a ash start for me yet but had some maple 1 pieces that could be done by then which i prefer so he changed my order for me but they must of missed the extra veneers when they changed it is all i can guess. so the order form john gave me was different to the one id been email and mistakes happen i didn't say anything airin because i need the cue and the splicing it has is beautiful and will do until i get another one

ps mike u should check your email cause i still want a cue like that i email u on the trip back to my hotel from johns shop to see if u could do it for me

Comment

• Originally Posted by jay_j View Post
      hi mike its still a great cue and i need a cue atm. so the full story is i rang john and gave him the dates id be over here and asked if i could get one on that time line and he said yes but ash 3/4 would be the best bet to be finished so i ordered it and paid all bar the vat. then i rang 3 months ago to check on it and he didn't has a ash start for me yet but had some maple 1 pieces that could be done by then which i prefer so he changed my order for me but they must of missed the extra veneers when they changed it is all i can guess. so the order form john gave me was different to the one id been email and mistakes happen i didn't say anything airin because i need the cue and the splicing it has is beautiful and will do until i get another one

ps mike u should check your email cause i still want a cue like that i email u on the trip back to my hotel from johns shop to see if u could do it for me
      I think it is a nice looking cue and it is the first JPU I have seen with this design, which I like very much. The snakewood selected is really nice and I am sure it will turn a lot of heads when you take this cue out from your case back home. LOL.
      Hope you are having a great time in the UK.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        I think it is a nice looking cue and it is the first JPU I have seen with this design, which I like very much. The snakewood selected is really nice and I am sure it will turn a lot of heads when you take this cue out from your case back home. LOL.
        Hope you are having a great time in the UK.
        yeah it is still very nice and it plays really well so far put in 9-10hrs so no point butchering it when i could just get another made

Comment

yeah it is still very nice and it plays really well so far put in 9-10hrs so no point butchering it when i could just get another made
          Yes, I agree with you.
          Just get Mike to make you another one with your design so now you will have a JPU and a MW in your collection.:-)
          By the way, the shaft wood looks really nice in the picture--although it is kind of blurry.
          You using it for snooker or pool?
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 7 September 2011, 07:41 AM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Yes, I agree with you.
            Just get Mike to make you another one with your design so now you will have a JPU and a MW in your collection.:-)
            By the way, the shaft wood looks really nice in the picture--although it is kind of blurry.
            You using it for snooker or pool?
            this ones for pool mainly and u mean ill have a jpu a mw and one of your limited editions aswell :-)

Comment

• Very nice. Like everyone else says though, I would have given it him back to do as I ordered, especially if I had paid over £800 for it. (price from JP cue builder on website)

Its got similar splicing to mine, except mine has a single ebony face. A very nice cue non-the-less.
              If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

this ones for pool mainly and u mean ill have a jpu a mw and one of your limited editions aswell :-)
                I will try my best not to disappoint. :-)
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• New cstom cue from Unclevit.

This is a lovely new maple custom cue from Unclevit's 'C' label.

Rosewood and maple splices on an ebony butt.
                  Nice arrow straight maple shaft.

Has a fantastic feel to it and might end up as my main cue even though having never owned a maple before.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Looks lovely.

Have you screwed the joint in tight as looking from the third attachment that the splices below the joint don't align with the ones above?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
                      Looks lovely.

Have you screwed the joint in tight as looking from the third attachment that the splices below the joint don't align with the ones above?

Yes, they do line up level when screwed in tight. I noticed this myself after I uploaded the pic's but didn't bother to re-take pictures with it screwed in tight.

Comment

• What cues are these? red one looks ace

Comment

• sorry meant to add a image in my previous comment too, i meant what cue maker makes the cues on page 226, there is a plain ebony with high splices and ebony and a red wood cue?

thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
                            sorry meant to add a image in my previous comment too, i meant what cue maker makes the cues on page 226, there is a plain ebony with high splices and ebony and a red wood cue?

thanks
                            hi aucott do you mean my attempts

Comment

• heres another failed attempt at a mannock rep not quite there but looks ok

Comment

• Originally Posted by gem View Post
                                This is a lovely new maple custom cue from Unclevit's 'C' label.

Rosewood and maple splices on an ebony butt.
                                Nice arrow straight maple shaft.

Has a fantastic feel to it and might end up as my main cue even though having never owned a maple before.
                                gem, juist a quick question.

Nice cue btw, is that cue jointed at 16 inches, if so whats the balance point. I like that design, i may ask unclevit about making me one but with an ash shaft instead of maple. What did yours cost if you don't mind me asking.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X