This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
    I have to admit, I have never been a big fan of Bocote, but if it looked like this every time I could easily be converted! I assume you are pleased with the end result!
    I can only say this is my most favorite combination (Bocote + Tulip) of splice and veneer.

Comment

• Both nice looking cues, the Coutts is a nice combination but the Travis, superb bocote (good long length) but to me I would have had a maple veneer to make it stand out which it does not against that particular tulip, and that lets down the bocate
      More importantly how do they play? [see the other thread "Travis review"]
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Both nice looking cues, the Coutts is a nice combination but the Travis, superb bocote (good long length) but to me I would have had a maple veneer to make it stand out which it does not against that particular tulip, and that lets down the bocate
        More importantly how do they play? [see the other thread "Travis review"]
        Hi, for me , I like the combination of BOCOTE and TULIP immensely. For the playability pls see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...dy-Travis-quot

Comment

• some more sheffield cues lol,1st attempt,2nd attempt and 3rd

Comment

• not too bad fella.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• very good effort my man.
              Look out for my new cues coming soon.
              "MAC CUES".
              Trying my own ones, they will be ash with plain ebony at first, all numbered starting 001, i have 8 in production at the moment. Then hopefully get more adventurous after that.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

• its prob ok to no them if they are spot on until then hopefully so my no 1 will be about my thirtieth cue

Comment

• Lovely work,Jim.Is "try No1" Ebony,Purpleheart and Snakewood ? Loving that 3rd one as well ,Tulip ? looks good against that long fingered Ebony.Are these more of your Mannock experiments ?

Comment

• no they are all ebony and tulipwood and snakewood as a lot of originals,first 1 was not tapered enuf after ebony,the 2nd was tapered too much,the 3rd 1 is nearly rightbut should have been tapered a bit more on the ebony but all are decent playing for me anyway lol

Comment

• Need my eyes checking.Glad you are still enjoying a frame or two and isnt that what its all about anyway.Sweeter still if you are playing well with something that you have crafted yourself.Nice one Jim.

Comment

• Jim, they are looking good. keep them coming.:-)
                        I have been trying to figure this out for a long time and it is driving me crazy--what is that white round thing you are hanging there next to your lathe?
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Jim was over here the first few days of this week and he called me and we had three and a half hours of snooker and it nearly killed me ( the longest session I have had since started to play again) Jim was playing with one of his own cues and some of his potting was very good with it, expecially the long ones down the cushions, they really surprised me. Only wish I could pot those type of shots.

Comment

• thanks for comments lads, the white thing is a piece of wood i turned going to be a pestle for mixing things in airin

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                              its prob ok to no them if they are spot on until then hopefully so my no 1 will be about my thirtieth cue
                              Which will surely be mine????? ;-)
                              One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

• pm me your specs again dwayne alziemers kicked in i think lol

Comment

Working...
                                X