This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
    Hahaha. I don't know if he wants to buy a cue I've made, see my cue ( ) or rape and murder me......

I'm actually sitting here laughing out loud!!
    Then again, he could have not been addressing me at all........
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• hi dean if it is just a dint and not a hollow were you caught it with plane it might come out with steaming,it depends on the grain filler if its already a paste mix a bit of sanding sealer and realy ebony dye (not the dust)to do the shaft,what spindles for splicing have you got

Comment

• Try sanding the place where the dint is then wrap string or cloth round it, wet and leave overnight
        Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
        Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
        https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
        S36 1LB

Comment

• Hi trav. Thanks for that. It's not really a little dent though, I've managed to knock a bit hole in the shaft. Will try the wet cloth route, but any other ideas are welcome. I did think possibly putting some glue into sawdust and using it as a filler type if the wet cloth doesn't work.
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• Originally Posted by markstar View Post
            could you tell me what about the maple cue feeling
            Mark,
            This maple cue is a customer's cue.
            Most of my maple cues are made per customer's request in terms of stiffness, hit, and so on.
            Personally I think maple cues and ash cues should not use the same taper, as they have different hit and feel differently when striking the ball.
            Thank you.
            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 12 October 2011, 12:06 AM.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• [QUOTE=poolqjunkie;600932]
              Awesome!

Comment

• Four 2 piece maple cues and 2 stainless steel joint ASH cues. just finish
                woodscue@gmail.com

Easy way to custom made your cue

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

• woodscue@gmail.com

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

• nice cue
                    price is ok

Comment

• Originally Posted by kevin147q View Post
                      Very nice.
                      Just had a look at the website. The cues look very nice.

Comment

• Look pretty good Kent

Comment

• Originally Posted by kevin147q View Post

Four 2 piece maple cues and 2 stainless steel joint ASH cues. just finish
                          Kevin,

In the above photo, what wood is the brown splicing on the 3/4 cue? It looks terrific.
                          The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

• Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                            My Most Recent personal cue project
                            - 56.5", 9.6mm tip, 29mm butt, 16.8oz, forward balanced (workshop helped me on this. can't do it with my experience)
                            - Shaft I bought from a shaft collector, airdried for some 2+ years, 6 arrows total, straight, with very evenly spaced 5 arrows, blank belly.
                            - Medium action (with more spring than stiff/small spring). Good side lines. Works very well with Elk tip. Play as good as the nice look of it.
                            - Burl wood from Laos, very well airdried. Wine color redwood and Ebony from our North.
                            - Took me months to finish, but really worth the quality comes out.
                            - Workshop helped me on the shaft and splicing work. I only worked on the butt burl wood
                            Enjoy.
                            That is an awesome looking shaft. Good stuff. :-)
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Unclevit,
                              Are you putting an ebony piece at the end of all your cue for protection now? Is that a standard feature?
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• _MG_0346.jpgWayne G

These woods from my client. I am not sure , it should be one kind of rosewood, and others are Thuya burl , black & white ebony , curly maple. Thanks
                                Last edited by kevin147q; 13 October 2011, 02:24 AM.
                                woodscue@gmail.com

www.handmade-cue.com

Comment

Working...
                                X