This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by kevin147q View Post

one piece single snakewood splice ASH cue ( 17.7 oz . 57" , 9.7 mm , 28.8 dia butt)
    Very nice cue, good shaft :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Looks a nice cue..............but looking at pics i just can't help thinking when will Ant & Dec turn up & say " I'm a woods cue get me out of here " :-)

Comment

• good looking cue Kent!!

Comment

• Awesome looking Robin Cook cue, the shaft looks just how a top quality shaft should be, if the balance suits you should be about as good a cue as you can get, never seen a bad Robin Cook cue yet, have one myself but yours looks even better, Happy potting with it.

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
          Very nice mate, great pics as well which is you favourite so far ? love the dark shaft on the Robin Cue & his badges.........looks a nice shaft on the Butters as well in terms of arrows, his best works usually very good.........;-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
            Awesome looking Robin Cook cue, the shaft looks just how a top quality shaft should be, if the balance suits you should be about as good a cue as you can get, never seen a bad Robin Cook cue yet, have one myself but yours looks even better, Happy potting with it.
            Thanks JP1, it is an awesome cue for sure, all splices dead level, really dark ebony, not one thing wrong with it.........except it's a lot stiffer than i'm used to, so is gonna take time to adjust to it to get the best from it. Here is another pic of shaft, it's the right hand side one. Other's are left to right, Ye Olde Ash, Welsh Pool Trading, James Butters, JP Classic, GBL (my playing cue), and Robin Cook

Comment

• would love to see more pics of the Ye Olde Ash JRC...really nice collection BTW!

Comment

• Nice collection there, love the colour of the robincook shaft <3
                In progressing!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by kev267 View Post
                  would love to see more pics of the Ye Olde Ash JRC...really nice collection BTW!
                  Some pics here when i got it
                  http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...237#post595237

Comment

• How many hands you got then J R

Comment

• Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      How many hands you got then J R
                      Errr from what i gather Neil you have just as many cues as me

Comment

• This thread makes me sick!

One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

• i love those old shafts.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• 013.jpgDon't know your level of skill buy noting your comment about Robins cue being very stiff seems to confirm the earlier impression that it is an awesome cue, the better players you will find will generally seek a cue that is rigid and solid through the stroke, rather then one that is light and whippy, weight however is of lesser importance then balance, I have an LP Custom cue here that feels heavy when you pick it up, it's actual weight is only 17.65 Oz but it's balance is perfect (picture attached) which allows you to cue freely without being aware of the cue itself which is what you want, it translates into proper grip as well not a GRIPPP like you see some guys strangling their cue butts and allows for an accurate and straight follow through, which improves your touch, and touch is what you want.Top Billiard players are great judges of cues as the game involves a lot more push off then you get in snooker and a whippier shaft for example requires an adjustment of sometimes half a ball in aiming, not that bad if you are used to it, but much better to have a cue that is solid through the stroke so you can sight and aim at the correct potting angle. From my own experience Robin more then any other cue maker I have come across understands exactly what is required for top level play, he has made a number of cues for the Billiards Genius Mike Russell and Geet Sethi, another cue maker I was very impressed with is Tony Glover, seeing your "collection" is still quite small why not keep an eye out for a good example of one his cues as well but IMO Robin Cook is England's best cue-maker, I think he has a 6 months+ waiting list as well, and for very good reason.

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Thanks JP1, it is an awesome cue for sure, all splices dead level, really dark ebony, not one thing wrong with it.........except it's a lot stiffer than i'm used to, so is gonna take time to adjust to it to get the best from it. Here is another pic of shaft, it's the right hand side one. Other's are left to right, Ye Olde Ash, Welsh Pool Trading, James Butters, JP Classic, GBL (my playing cue), and Robin Cook

Comment

• Here's what I ended up with. Exact what I wanted in every way. Even went down to Wales and collected and paid in person. I think he used the money to buy his daughter some shoes!

Here it is along side my 20 year old Riley...

And some work in progress pics, hope it's ok to post these...

Last edited by DeadEye; 29 November 2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Nice burl ~~ ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X