• Show
Clear All

• that is an amazing piece of snakewood. almost too perfect
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
      that is an amazing piece of snakewood. almost too perfect
      it's out bloody standing! i assume its burnt to look like that?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
        The lower part of the splices immediately after the joint before the actual splice points start to emerge. Heard several cuemakers refer to it as "the crossover".
        Are you saying the butt looks very thick around the region just below the joint?
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          What do you mean by "cross over?" Do you mean the alignment at the joint?
          I noticed the misalignment as well. I guess it's some QC issue as Dave is dealing with family illness. Is it something that my local cue maker can rectify? (Airin, "knock knock")

Marvin

Comment

• looks like made in China. good price.

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
              Are you saying the butt looks very thick around the region just below the joint?

Just looks like theres too much ebony above the joint for the length of the splices, personally i prefer it to be about an inch in size myself. The cue matty is waiting on arriving has the kind of look i prefer:

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                Trouble is the prices for Ions replicas are awful compared to Glovers.
                Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                don't really know why that is - some of tony's are superb.
                Errr Andrew, they both go by the name Tony... so when you say some of Tony's are superb, which one are you referring to?
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

• PICT8687.jpgPICT8688.jpgPICT8686.jpg
                  This is my wand...
                  the photos do not really do the cue justice though....

Comment

• superb, well I have seen ash, maple, pear, even an old broom and now bamboo - question though...
                    is it stiff or whippy ?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• A man near me owns one of these- he claims it's one of only 4 or something like that! Looks nice, bet it's hard to keep that in good condition :snooker:
                      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        superb, well I have seen ash, maple, pear, even an old broom and now bamboo - question though...
                        is it stiff or whippy ?
                        it is sometimes stiff and sometimes whippy.

Comment

• LOL
                          that's what the wife says, LMAO
                          sorry could not resist!
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Just looks like theres too much ebony above the joint for the length of the splices, personally i prefer it to be about an inch in size myself. The cue matty is waiting on arriving has the kind of look i prefer:

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me. I never heard this term "cross over " before but I think I now know what you were saying. Learn something new today, thank you.
                            I personally do not like to see a big blank of black in the middle, too--but it is just personal taste I guess. Some people like that kind of look.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                              Very nice cues, what maker are they? Or did you make them yourself? :snooker:

The owner purchased the snake wood and LP makes it
                              One of the best piece of snakewood I have ever seen.
                              Last edited by superman32; 1 April 2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• It is the best piece I've ever seen to be honest, almost perfect! If that's possible in terms of cue making lol :snooker:
                                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X