Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first post did say that both JPs had recently been re-spliced by JP. How often does an Ultimate need re-splicing? :shrug:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      The first post did say that both JPs had recently been re-spliced by JP. How often does an Ultimate need re-splicing? :shrug:
      Depends on why its been respliced? could be a few reasons, mainly lengthening the cue, add some weight, make the butt diameter wider etc. I doubt its because the quality of the work was poor in the first place. Afterall, if you are unhappy with the cue you send it back and have another one made, that is the guarantee with JP cues.

Comment

• cueman, a spot on post
        sorry I was being a tad facetious with my comment.
        and yes I think the points of the front splice seem not to line up with the others
        hopefully it is the photo-angle, etc.

Comment

• I pretty sure i seen that ultimate on the bay a few days back, listing only seemed to be floating around for about an hour.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            Depends on why its been respliced? could be a few reasons, mainly lengthening the cue, add some weight, make the butt diameter wider etc. I doubt its because the quality of the work was poor in the first place. Afterall, if you are unhappy with the cue you send it back and have another one made, that is the guarantee with JP cues.
            Hi fellow members, it appears that I'm not the only one who pays a lot of attention to detail and yes, fastidious is the word! I had both the cues re-spliced cos I had wanted the cues lengthen plus some minor changes like weight n size for ferrule. Paid quite a bit for this work too, especially on the 'Ultimate' cos it had two new layers of 4 secondary splices added on(Quilted Maple n Thuya Burr).

I received both cues yesterday morning by courier and when I opened up the package, my elation turned to disappointment immediately upon inspecting these cues!! The splices on the 'Superior' were not aligned to the original splices at the top and the lower point on the face splice of the 'Ultimate' was out by 10mm!! Unfortunately, these flaws are quite obvious to the eyes, as evident by the various comments here on the forum.

Will shoot off an email to John today about these flaws and gonna call him up directly on Wednesday cos the shop is closed on Tuesday. I would imagine that someone in the JP's shop would have inspected these cues before they were dispatched and would have picked up these flaws immediately, no?

Not sure what JP's response will be, hopefully it'll be a positive one. Any suggestions here?

Comment

• 10mm out on the face splice of an ultimate is a lot imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ongkia View Post
                Hi fellow members, it appears that I'm not the only one who pays a lot of attention to detail and yes, fastidious is the word! I had both the cues re-spliced cos I had wanted the cues lengthen plus some minor changes like weight n size for ferrule. Paid quite a bit for this work too, especially on the 'Ultimate' cos it had two new layers of 4 secondary splices added on(Quilted Maple n Thuya Burr).

I received both cues yesterday morning by courier and when I opened up the package, my elation turned to disappointment immediately upon inspecting these cues!! The splices on the 'Superior' were not aligned to the original splices at the top and the lower point on the face splice of the 'Ultimate' was out by 10mm!! Unfortunately, these flaws are quite obvious to the eyes, as evident by the various comments here on the forum.

Will shoot off an email to John today about these flaws and gonna call him up directly on Wednesday cos the shop is closed on Tuesday. I would imagine that someone in the JP's shop would have inspected these cues before they were dispatched and would have picked up these flaws immediately, no?

Not sure what JP's response will be, hopefully it'll be a positive one. Any suggestions here?
                That sort of work especially on an Ultimate cue is unacceptable. Just the other day Jason Owen put up a cue here for sale as a "sinbin" cue and all that was visually wrong was just one splice was out by a similar amount as seen on that Ultimate. And Jason is a newbie cuemaker here. One would certainly never see such work leaving MW or TW or RC or most other top cuemakers workshop.

Comment

• now the proud owner of the tony meo hunt cue.

Comment

• ah, it's nice to see a proud dad with his new baby

a lovely cue, hope it plays as well as it looks

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      ah, it's nice to see a proud dad with his new baby

a lovely cue, hope it plays as well as it looks
                      yeh looks great mate, trying it out tonight. if i like the feel it going to get it altered to a standard snooker spec . nothing drastic. 10mm tip 19 onz etc.

Comment

• Looks great! Doesn't it currently have something like a 13mm tip? :snooker:
                        "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Been splashing out Matty very nice too

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                            Looks great! Doesn't it currently have something like a 13mm tip? :snooker:
                            close slightly over 11mm

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Been splashing out Matty very nice too
                              yes mate, been wanting on for a while and this one was a bargin

Comment

• Nice looking stick matty, was never really a fan of their joints though, just looks overly excessive and heavy. How are you going to go about getting it taken down in weight, from what i recall that one was 22oz or around that mark?

Comment

Working...
                                X