Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we please stay on topic and post some photos of your cues. These are my 2 new cues which I got this week, 1 Mike Wooldridge Legend and 1 JPU in traditional style, I got these after I sold all my old cues in the last few weeks

JPU: 58" 18.5oz 9.5mm 30mm
    MW: 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.5mm
    The JPU is the best cue ive owned as it plays like a dream. Im going for a good session today to try out the MW legend and see how the blackspin plays
    Last edited by rob s; 15 August 2012, 11:24 AM.
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

• Very nice Rob . Look forward to your review of the MW .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Nice bed sheets rob , and very nice cues, what is your opinion on metal cases? as I've been told they're no good for storing cues, due to humidity etc...
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Thanks mate the bedsheets are nice but the cues are even better . To be honest mate Ive never had a major problem with humidity as I live in the UK. Also we have an air conditioner/dehumidifier in our flat for the english summers, even if they do only last about a fortnight lol. I prefer the leather cases and im sure in the future I will buy a nice leather case that matches the quality of the cues. Id want 1 that can hold a 1 piece cue and both extensions but not for silly money so for now im happy with my cheaper aluminium cases

Comment

• The Legend looks top class. Hope it plays well like the JPU.

Comment

• Hi Rob S, is that the JPU you ordered recently? How long did it take to be made? Or is it a purchase from a previous owner?
              A lovely looking cue. cheer mate
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• No dean mate I haven't ordered a JPU, mainly due to long waiting list and lack of communication with John. I found Mike Wooldridge was quick to reply to emails and very helpful where as parris cues you get what seems like an automated response of "please check our FAQ". My friend ordered 2 ultimates last January and we use the same spec so when they were ready in march this year he picked the 1 he liked the most and sold me the other 1. The best thing is that his mrs lives opposite my local snooker hall so as soon as I bought it off him I was straight on the greenbaize.
                Last edited by rob s; 15 August 2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• cool, yep I did read your previous posts about JP. Got to say though when ever I have called the shop the call was always replied by Mr or Mrs Parris
                  Glad you have found a good'en. As previosuly mentioend, look forward to reading a review on the MW.
                  cheers buddy
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• The legend looks very classy, love a nice black butt on a cue. Ultimate looks nice as well though it seems that the burwat champion style is getting very common in them.

Comment

• got my blackspin legend back after a mod by mike plays well still not sure wether ime a gd enuf player to tell differance but its a gd solid crisp hit

Comment

• Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                        Thanks mate the bedsheets are nice but the cues are even better . To be honest mate Ive never had a major problem with humidity as I live in the UK. Also we have an air conditioner/dehumidifier in our flat for the english summers, even if they do only last about a fortnight lol. I prefer the leather cases and im sure in the future I will buy a nice leather case that matches the quality of the cues. Id want 1 that can hold a 1 piece cue and both extensions but not for silly money so for now im happy with my cheaper aluminium cases
                        Yeah i didn't see any problems myself in the uk, but the guy who made my cue warned me off them, he maybe had a bad experience, i don't know lol. Thanks for sharing
                        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                          got my blackspin legend back after a mod by mike plays well still not sure wether ime a gd enuf player to tell differance but its a gd solid crisp hit
                          Hi Jim, The cue look's superb:love_heart:, If you find you cant get on with it give me a shout, Would love to add this to my collection, Is it a 1pc or 3/4? Sometime's hard to tell with Mike's new joint.

Comment

• its a 1 piece 58 ins long 17 1/2 oz 9.5 tip balances at about 16 1/2 in nice cue u dont need 2 will hunts do you lol

Comment

• Looks lovely Jim! :snooker:
                              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                                its a 1 piece 58 ins long 17 1/2 oz 9.5 tip balances at about 16 1/2 in nice cue u dont need 2 will hunts do you lol
                                Near enough my specs

Comment

Working...
                                X