X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
    heres another failed attempt at a mannock rep not quite there but looks ok
    Keep going Jim. Good work m8. Will come good in the end I'm sure ( and how you want it to look ). No one got anywhere without making a mistake.

Comment

• It depends a lot on specs but my 'C' label maple cue is jointed at 14", 18oz 57.5" and balance at 18". I think the higher density of maple takes the balance forward a bit so a maple cue jointed at 16" might be hard to balance at 16-18" without adding more weight to the butt.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
        gem, juist a quick question.

Nice cue btw, is that cue jointed at 16 inches, if so whats the balance point. I like that design, i may ask unclevit about making me one but with an ash shaft instead of maple. What did yours cost if you don't mind me asking.
        Thanks, it is a really nice cue and very well made.
        The joint is at 14" and balances a fraction under 19".
        It is a long cue at 59 1/2" and weighs 18.2oz.

Depending on the design the price for Unclevit's cues are around $180-200 when I ordered this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
          Keep going Jim. Good work m8. Will come good in the end I'm sure ( and how you want it to look ). No one got anywhere without making a mistake.
          ive got a pair of the mannock reps in the pipeline ebony on and ready to splice tulip wood and they look as if they may be right

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            ive got a pair of the mannock reps in the pipeline ebony on and ready to splice tulip wood and they look as if they may be right
            You are being too modest that cue looks really good to me. :-)

Is that a wood lathe you have there? How long is it? 60"?

Did you have the steady rest cutom fitted? That thing looks quite sturdy.:-) How many steady rests you are using for a one piece, perhaps two to three?
            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 8 September 2011, 06:07 PM.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• hi airin yes its a wood lathe get 60in cue init only 1 steady contemplating using another specially while turn waste of butt,the steady i can move up and down the length with different size bearings in

Comment

• Cue Guru Cue 015

http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• No 015 - Karelian (Masur) Birch on Ebony/maple veneers? Very nice
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    No 015 - Karelian (Masur) Birch on Ebony/maple veneers? Very nice
                    Its birds eye maple. Darkened up with the oils im using.
                    http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Jason No15 is stunning.Nice to see "birds eye" being used.You obviously know it was used a lot on JDs of yesteryear and I am surprised that it is not more popular.No 15 has hints of Connoisseur and PB4s ,was this design something you had in mind ? Whatever,it doesn t matter,the cue is stunning in its own right.Nuff said.

Comment

• Two of my cues, Dave Coutts & Andy Travis

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueinhand View Post
                          Two of my cues, Dave Coutts & Andy Travis

Two very good, great looking cues.

The Bocote on the Andy Travis cue is absolutely stunning!
                          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

• wow .. cueinhand ..

they are lovely ~~ great looking cues there ^^

Comment

• Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
                              Two very good, great looking cues.

The Bocote on the Andy Travis cue is absolutely stunning!
                              yeah!!!!
                              Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueinhand View Post
                                yeah!!!!
                                Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!
                                I have to admit, I have never been a big fan of Bocote, but if it looked like this every time I could easily be converted! I assume you are pleased with the end result!
                                If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
                                X