Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree - that Robin Cook cue is LUSH !!

Is it for sale?

; )
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by seedslim View Post
      Thanks, Robin cue really worth the long wait.
      Hi Seedslim, how did you manage to get Robin to customize your cue using Macassar Ebony for the butt and secondary splices in Afzelia Burl and Amboyna Burl?! I placed an order for 2 customized cues from Robin in April this year and at the time of order, I had wanted to use Macassar Ebony for the butt and other exotic woods for the secondary splices. However, Robin said this was not possible as these were not available and I could only choose those woods shown on his website?! Hope to hear from you on this ya. Many thnks!
      Last edited by ongkia; 8 October 2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
        Stunning looking Robin cue .
        Originally Posted by philhenderson89 View Post
        Great looking cue seedslim and fantastic photos. I have a Robin cue he makes the best cues around.
        Originally Posted by renniwevarb View Post
        Yeah, a beautiful cue from Robin. Too bad it is 14 months away from the time he will start to take orders again!

Can't wait to get on the waiting list (pun intended, LOL!)
        Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
        Wow..... I'm not really one for fancy splicings, but that looks amazing, lovely looking cue bud!!
        Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
        i have seen a lot of nice cues in my 20 odd years of playing snooker but that Robin Cook cue has to be the best i have seen for a long time...
        Originally Posted by James Wattashot View Post
        ^^ gotta agree with that!, thats a beautiful plank of wood that is-
        Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
        That robin cook number there is absolutely stunning!
        Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        I agree - that Robin Cook cue is LUSH !!
        Is it for sale?
        ; )
        Thanks mates! Those are very strong words from you guys... Ya the cue is too eye catchy and I cant barely turn my back from it in any club, I bet it could easily stolen... Just had a few frames with it and it back to case and stay home for the pass few months.

Originally Posted by ongkia View Post
        Hi Seedslim, how did you manage to get Robin to customize your cue using Macassar Ebony for the butt and secondary splices in Afzelia Burl and Amboyna Burl?! I placed an order for 2 customized cues from Robin in April this year and at the time of order, I had wanted to use Macassar Ebony for the butt and other exotic woods for the secondary splices. However, Robin said this was not possible as these were not available and I could only choose those woods shown on his website?! Hope to hear from you on this ya. Many thnks!
        Hey ongkia, I always wanted a special cue from Robin before he retired, and hope this cue could fill my lust for long, lol... About the woods, the Macassar as told by Robin was his last piece in his workshop, he was so kind and reserve it for me few years back. As I know these day, Robin does not get in any exotic woods as the price is too expensive.

About the burls, I sought its myself and sent a few blocks to the man and let him decide which to work with, and the design I leave it to Robin too. I dont know whether Robin will want me to expose this in the forum, as I know its not a pleasant things to work with exotic woods, this cue is more like a favor from Robin instead of business...

Comment

• Seedslim, I fully understand your sentiments and would not bother Robin about looking for these exotic woods ya. Just gonna stick with what I've ordered earlier.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ongkia View Post
            Seedslim, I fully understand your sentiments and would not bother Robin about looking for these exotic woods ya. Just gonna stick with what I've ordered earlier.
            Eventually this cue has ordered few years ago and I have received it for some time, just didnt "expose" it before, lol... You could check with Robin (when he contact you before he start the work as usual) whether he has other exotic woods with him which not listed on his site, who know you will get lucky.

Comment

• Originally Posted by seedslim View Post
              Another lovely cue from Robin Cook, 57" 9.7mm 18oz 29mm butt, main splice Macassar Ebony, secondary Afzelia Burl, Amboyna Burl butt with matching 6" mini butt.

Stunning Cue and Mini Butt Fair Play! What did this Cost?

Comment

• Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                Stunning Cue and Mini Butt Fair Play! What did this Cost?
                I cant disclose the cost here mate, other wise my wife found out I might end up at the street... lol...

Joking beside, Robin charged me as what 12 splices cost, but the exotic lumbers were surplied by me at my own cost, i cant remember how much its cost but its not that expensive the time i get it.

Comment

• Full wenge butt....
                  More pics on the cue guru thread
                  http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                    Full wenge butt....
                    More pics on the cue guru thread
                    now that is a nice looking cue the robin cook posted just before is also very nice but i do prefere cues made with just plain butts ie plain ebony,rosewood or wenge. very nice cue jason.

Comment

• Hey ongkia, I always wanted a special cue from Robin before he retired

Is he retiring soon? Glad i got an order in there
                      :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                        now that is a nice looking cue the robin cook posted just before is also very nice but i do prefere cues made with just plain butts ie plain ebony,rosewood or wenge. very nice cue jason.
                        Ste, Funnily enough i have turned to plain butts too. I use to love a nice bit of multi splicing and that Robin cue is stunning, gorgeous woods. But these days im yearning more and more towards plain ebony or plain macassar. I think it gives a look of "Im here to play, not look good" !
                        http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                          Ste, Funnily enough i have turned to plain butts too. I use to love a nice bit of multi splicing and that Robin cue is stunning, gorgeous woods. But these days im yearning more and more towards plain ebony or plain macassar. I think it gives a look of "Im here to play, not look good" !
                          . . . or in the case of full wenge, I'm here to play, AND look good . . .

LOL only kidding Jason. see you've moved to a full round butt as well . . cannae see green cheese . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• my collection at the min,

Comment

• Gorgeous collection! That first ye old ash on the left looks stunning :snooker:
                              "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Impressive collection mate :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X