This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by TexasTrev View Post
    Simple,He made 2 and gave me the choice of which one i wanted.I chose the one i played best with,he sold the other for £500.
    fair enough,how often does he make them that was the whole reason i posted because i havent seen one

Comment

• I dont think he makes many I have only seen 4 including these 2.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
        I dont think he makes many I have only seen 4 including these 2.
        those 2 are the only ones ive seen, they look pretty good wether they play good though

Comment

• Andy has made loads of cues,not sure how many though.
          I've had 7 or 8 off him but it kinda helps when he's one of my best mates.
          Most of his cues went unbadged
          He tends to make them in the old fashioned style aswell.
          If you ever want him to make a cue for you probably the only way he would do it would be if you had a rare antique cue that he would swap for one of his.He's not interested in making them for the money.One thing for sure is it would be a top quality cue,so if you have something like a Ye Olde Ash type then i'm sure he would do business.
          He has made 2 more this week and is posting them to me soon to try out.
          One thing,every one he has made for me i give him them back when i'm finished using it so there are some out there somewhere!

Comment

Andy has made loads of cues,not sure how many though.
            I've had 7 or 8 off him but it kinda helps when he's one of my best mates.
            Most of his cues went unbadged
            He tends to make them in the old fashioned style aswell.
            If you ever want him to make a cue for you probably the only way he would do it would be if you had a rare antique cue that he would swap for one of his.He's not interested in making them for the money.One thing for sure is it would be a top quality cue,so if you have something like a Ye Olde Ash type then i'm sure he would do business.
            He has made 2 more this week and is posting them to me soon to try out.
            One thing,every one he has made for me i give him them back when i'm finished using it so there are some out there somewhere!
            you being his pal probably helps, how much are his cues worth then and why are they different to other cues

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              you being his pal probably helps, how much are his cues worth then and why are they different to other cues
              They now sell for about 400+
              Wouldnt say they were much different to other cues apart from slightly thicker as in the old style of making them.I've had to thin a couple of them down to suit.You just know you are getting a quality cue that will play well.

Comment

They now sell for about 400+
                Wouldnt say they were much different to other cues apart from slightly thicker as in the old style of making them.I've had to thin a couple of them down to suit.You just know you are getting a quality cue that will play well.
                must admit in the photo you have got they do look quality, 400+ quid cheez then again some prices of cues i have seem 400 is not that expensive

Comment

• My playing cue, made by David Hart circa 1985
                  62 inches long
                  20 oz's
                  Ash shaft, ebony butt with splices of maple and walnut.
                  Was a one peice but had it 3/4 split by A & D Billiards of Coventry about five years ago
                  Had a mini butt fitted by Andy Travis around the same time.

No grain filler used, shaft was unfinished when I first received it but over time and polishing once a year with Betterware Antique Furniture Polish, the timber has coloured to a light brown and the grain has naturally filled over time. Feels smooth along the bridge but you can feel the ridges of the grain when turned in your hand, dead straight grain in the still dead straight ash shaft and perfectly balanced at the tip of the splices.

Comment

• You a pretty tall chap vmax ?

Comment

• Just pretty ..... lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                        You a pretty tall chap vmax ?
                        Six two but have long arms as well, it fits me perfectly.

Comment

• My new Maximus Ultimate Cue Number 430, one of the best looking cues I've ever had....Ebony butt with 4 splices of highly figured cross cut Rosewood...The shaft has 12 arrows, best shaft I've had on a cue...specs are 58", 9.3mm, 30mm, 18.4oz, balanced at 17", quick release joint in base, if anyone on here is thinking of buying one of these cues, go for it you wont regret it

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 11 April 2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Nice cue .Was impressed with the one my mate had .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                              My new Maximus Ultimate Cue Number 430, one of the best looking cues I've ever had....Ebony butt with 4 splices of highly figured cross cut Rosewood...The shaft has 12 arrows, best shaft I've had on a cue...specs are 58", 9.3mm, 30mm, 18.4oz, balanced at 17", quick release joint in base, if anyone on here is thinking of buying one of these cues, go for it you wont regret it

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                              Very Nice !!!!!!!!

Comment

• thanks guys, I'm over moon how it turned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X