Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do love a snake. is that a lacquer finish?

Comment

• Yep as far as I've seen all EJ Riley cues of this period were lacquered originally.
      I think Tony Glover still lacquers his snakewood cues to try and prevent cracks/splits and drying out, like trying to hold back the tide though, snakewood does what it wants!
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Very nice that Mike

Comment

• Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Yep as far as I've seen all EJ Riley cues of this period were lacquered originally.
          I think Tony Glover still lacquers his snakewood cues to try and prevent cracks/splits and drying out, like trying to hold back the tide though, snakewood does what it wants!
          well iv never see or touched the wood before, not even see a snakwood cue before, only in pictures. interesting what you say about it, i didn't know it was so mercurial. iv worked with bloodwood and thats got a life of its own
          Last edited by j6uk; 10 October 2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Don't worry Mike, I'll remove it from temptation for you. .

Then send you a wee pic every now and again . . . .

Comment

• Here is my old JPU #979. Enjoy

__ 1.JPG__ 2.JPG__ 3.JPG__ 4.JPG__ 5.JPG
              Last edited by ak615; 13 October 2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• How do you fix a badge back to the original spot? My cue's badge has turned and slanted more to the right. Its the round kind. Using a heat gun to heat up then superglue it back?

Comment

• Very nice .....What's the splice ?.....Thuya Burr ?

Lovely colour on the shaft as well .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Very nice .....What's the splice ?.....Thuya Burr ?

Lovely colour on the shaft as well .
                    Yes, it is Thuya Burr.

I remember I ordered it on Septmeber 2006 and this cue was ready to pick around January 2007, it was really fast to compare nowadays.

Comment

• Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
                      How do you fix a badge back to the original spot? My cue's badge has turned and slanted more to the right. Its the round kind. Using a heat gun to heat up then superglue it back?
                      I didn't even move the badge from day one, and really no idea how to fix it. It's better to send back to the cue maker and ask him to fix for you by a just a little money return.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ak615 View Post
                        Yes, it is Thuya Burr.

I remember I ordered it on Septmeber 2006 and this cue was ready to pick around January 2007, it was really fast to compare nowadays.
                        That's like a sprint in waiting times .......now it's like waiting for Haley's Comet
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I didn't even move the badge from day one, and really no idea how to fix it. It's better to send back to the cue maker and ask him to fix for you by a just a little money return.
                          That's too expensive on my side just to make the badge straight again. Guess I'll use the hair dryer method and give it a try.

Comment

• can you show us a "before" photo?

the only thing I can think of, is the hot air scorching the finish/wood or the badge itself deforming

any cue makers got any advice?
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Here is my old JPU #979. Enjoy

[ATTACH]17007[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17008[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17009[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17010[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17011[/ATTACH]
                              Lovely cue that :snooker:
                              On Cue Facebook Page
                              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Took this photo yesterday of the cues in my 'out' pile.........although I have since changed my mind on the Cue Craft pearwood cue :snooker:

On Cue Facebook Page
                                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                                X