Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lovely and unique Hunt & O'Byrne Blackplate made in the early 90s still stands in really great condition complete with the original Ray Reardon Classic Cue Case as featured in the old H&O brochure.

The cue was bought by the original owner direct from Hunt & O'Byrne around 1992 having seen their advert in Snooker Scene and was used once a month up until 15 years ago when his local club closed and has not been used since and will not be used again. So it sits with me to find it a new home which I will................slowly :snooker:

It has a classic Ash shaft with Macassar splices with four secondary splices of a deep red Indian rosewood, the cue was made as one piece with splicing to 17.2" and then jointed at 10" and with the original solid ash extension that was originally stained black but the owner found it sticky to use so stripped the finish.

Specs are:

58.15" long
    9.9mm tip
    30.3mm butt
    17.5oz

On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
      A lovely and unique Hunt & O'Byrne Blackplate made in the early 90s still stands in really great condition complete with the original Ray Reardon Classic Cue Case as featured in the old H&O brochure.

The cue was bought by the original owner direct from Hunt & O'Byrne around 1992 having seen their advert in Snooker Scene and was used once a month up until 15 years ago when his local club closed and has not been used since and will not be used again. So it sits with me to find it a new home which I will................slowly :snooker:

It has a classic Ash shaft with Macassar splices with four secondary splices of a deep red Indian rosewood, the cue was made as one piece with splicing to 17.2" and then jointed at 10" and with the original solid ash extension that was originally stained black but the owner found it sticky to use so stripped the finish.

Specs are:

58.15" long
      9.9mm tip
      30.3mm butt
      17.5oz

I wondered what happened to the listing, so it was you Was tempted to place a bid on this

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

I bought it when he first listed it in July for £350 buy it now!........but he realised it sold very quickly so did some research and cancelled the sale

We lost contact details and when it appeared again we exchanged details and met this evening. Lovely chap and lovely cue
        On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I bought it when he first listed it in July for £350 buy it now!........but he realised it sold very quickly so did some research and cancelled the sale

We lost contact details and when it appeared again we exchanged details and met this evening. Lovely chap and lovely cue
          So how much of a mortgage did you have to get for it now he knew its worth.

Comment

• Awesome cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post

So how much of a mortgage did you have to get for it now he knew its worth.
              I've got a month to sell it or my house gets repossessed
              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• very nice, and let me start the bidding war! 150 posted!
                Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                a bad player who love cues

Comment

• Nice looking cue NO great cue to keep because it's a hunt O'byrne YES

Comment

send the cue to me, I'll take another month to sell it in Asia

Comment

• Early present from trevor

Comment

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                        Early present from trevor
                        That's very nice jono, how was the wait ?

You can't beat a bit of burl on ebony action.

Comment

• **Post Pictures of your cue!**

wow I like that

Comment

• 14months but well worth it. Next few days are going to feel like forever...

Comment

• That's lovely that John, very nice!
                              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

• Found some time today to get this on the table......

Tyrone Cues Zenith No.002 which is the newly released top range of cues from Martin and is top quality from tip to butt just as you'd expect, and with a little something extra with the badge embellished with six sheets of 24 carat gold leaf. It has been nice to be one of the first to get my hands on one of these cues.

This is the third Tyrone cue I've had and each one has been brilliant with splice points bang on and each has played great on the baize which let's face it is where it matters.

Specs are

58" (including tip)
                                9.5mm
                                18.2oz
                                29mm butt
                                17.5" balance point

On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                                X