Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some cues take a good battering, i try to keep mine as pristine as possible.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post

Better pics.

And yes its an extremely long butt, i think 27 or so inches overall.
      Nice cue that sir
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        Nice cue that sir
        Its not a bad wee stick, when i first got it the spec it had was ridiculous, 26mm butt, and an 8.9mm tip. The butt literally had no taper, it was a straight piece of ebony. I'm guessing its had other work done to it long before i got it as its original weight was around 19oz, and when i got it the weight was under 18. Martin Daly lengthened it and took an inch and a bit off the top to bring it up to around 9.7, then i got blackspin fitted to it and ultrashine finish

I'd honestly prefer it to be just a black butt as i'm not a fan of multiple colours, might end up getting the butt respliced to ebony at some point in the future.

This is who used to own it and its original spec, though not who i got it from so had a few owners. Pics show the grain on what is now opposite the badge.
        http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-s-almost-here
        Last edited by narl; 24 April 2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Its not a bad wee stick, when i first got it the spec it had was ridiculous, 26mm butt, and an 8.9mm tip. The butt literally had no taper, it was a straight piece of ebony. I'm guessing its had other work done to it long before i got it as its original weight was around 19oz, and when i got it the weight was under 18. Martin Daly lengthened it and took an inch and a bit off the top to bring it up to around 9.7, then i got blackspin fitted to it and ultrashine finish

I'd honestly prefer it to be just a black butt as i'm not a fan of multiple colours, might end up getting the butt respliced to ebony at some point in the future.

This is who used to own it and its original spec, though not who i got it from so had a few owners. Pics show the grain on what is now opposite the badge.
          I too am coming down in preference for a plain black button, I assume the veneers and extra splices are for decoration only and that a good ash shafts and ebony button will play as well as a fancy looking cue?

Comment

I too am coming down in preference for a plain black button, I assume the veneers and extra splices are for decoration only and that a good ash shafts and ebony button will play as well as a fancy looking cue?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Despearce View Post
              Yup, Decoration only.

Comment

• Great, makes a good one a bit cheaper then!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Despearce View Post
                  Yes. You cannot beat the classy look of an all black, ebony butt on a cue ( no racist ).

Comment

• Cue now sold
                    Last edited by jrc750; 15 May 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Nice jrc is it yours
                      3/4 ash cue

Comment

Nice jrc is it yours
                        No I think it's Mathew Stevens cue he got nicked. Haaaaa

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andrew watt View Post
                          No I think it's Mathew Stevens cue he got nicked. Haaaaa
                          Yeah i just magically erased the tulip splices

Comment

• Haha am.sure that cue will be long lost
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Haha am.sure that cue will be long lost
                              Hope I'm wrong, but could be right. The shergar cue. . . .

Comment

• That's a beauty JRC , my dream cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X