This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jono* View Post
    What's the cue like to play with? Always wanted to own one put put off by the prices. doesn't he also use radially laminated shafts?
    the cue is not a laminate shaff and play excellent,for maple I'm choosing k d and tw ,not dead stiff like Jp I'm own and two other Jp I have try.

Comment

• Stunning cue, How much does it cost??

Originally Posted by joejoe View Post
      [ATTACH]17976[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17977[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17978[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17979[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17980[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Dream cue, how can I contact Trevs?

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
        [ATTACH]17933[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17934[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17935[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17936[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17937[/ATTACH]

The new cue, collected today.

Macassar ebony, Flame Maple & Amboyna (I think)! A nice round butt. 58', 18oz, 9mm - Jointed through the splices ala The Nugget!

Comment

• Hi Folks

Well I bought a second hand cue a few weeks ago as it appears that my order for a JPU is going to take considerably longer than the one year quoted at the time (the year is up at the end of this month and my order status is still received.....). So courtesy of Messrs. Andrew Watt and Stevie Baillie I was able to have a look at at least 20+ cues from just about every premium and up and coming cue maker you care to mention.I thought I had died and gone to heaven LOL. Anyway I eventually whittled it down to a shortlist of 4:

3/4 butt ash TW (I so wanted to buy a TW)
          1 piece ash Maximus Ultimate (a gorgeous looking cue)
          3/4 butt ash MW Black Legend
          1 piece ash Jason Owen

Stevie was kind enough to bring these cues down to my local club for a hit with them. Long story short,the MW blew the others out of the water IMHO and I bought it the same night. I am no expert but for me the feel, balance and hit on the MW is truly superb. Specs are: BP 16", tip 9.62mm, butt 29.25mm, length 58 3/8" and weight 19oz. I can honestly say that I think this will be my main playing cue end of. Just got it back from Mike after an MOT and Ultrashine and it looks the canines testicles. The feel and touch on the shot with the Blackspin ferrule and tip is amazing. I am a little worried now because I cant honestly see how my JPU (whenever it arrives) will match up to this astonishing MW. Anyway link below for a couple of pics.

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/da...man/slideshow/

Cheers

David

Comment

• Bought a MW, so glad I did!

Hi Folks

Well I bought a second hand cue a few weeks ago as it appears that my order for a JPU is going to take considerably longer than the one year quoted at the time (the year is up at the end of this month and my order status is still received.....). So courtesy of Messrs. Andrew Watt and Stevie Baillie I was able to have a look at at least 20+ cues from just about every premium and up and coming cue maker you care to mention.I thought I had died and gone to heaven LOL. Anyway I eventually whittled it down to a shortlist of 4:

1 piece ash Jason Owen

Stevie was kind enough to bring these cues down to my local club for a hit with them. Long story short,the MW blew the others out of the water IMHO and I bought it the same night. I am no expert but for me the look, feel, balance and hit on the MW is truly superb. Specs are: BP 16", tip 9.62mm, butt 29.25mm, length 58 3/8" and weight 19oz. I can honestly say that I think this will be my main playing cue end of. Just got it back from Mike after an MOT and Ultrashine and it looks the canines testicles. The feel and touch on the shot with the Blackspin ferrule and tip is amazing. I am a little worried now because I cant honestly see how my JPU (whenever it arrives) will match up to this astonishing MW. Anyway link below for a couple of pics.

Cheers

David

Comment

• Originally Posted by David Pleym View Post
              Hi Folks

1 piece ash Jason Owen

Stevie was kind enough to bring these cues down to my local club for a hit with them. Long story short,the MW blew the others out of the water IMHO and I bought it the same night. I am no expert but for me the look, feel, balance and hit on the MW is truly superb. Specs are: BP 16", tip 9.62mm, butt 29.25mm, length 58 3/8" and weight 19oz. I can honestly say that I think this will be my main playing cue end of. Just got it back from Mike after an MOT and Ultrashine and it looks the canines testicles. The feel and touch on the shot with the Blackspin ferrule and tip is amazing. I am a little worried now because I cant honestly see how my JPU (whenever it arrives) will match up to this astonishing MW. Anyway link below for a couple of pics.

Cheers

David

Agree totally, I went through loads of different cue makers- TW, Glover, Parris but never quite felt right with any of them. Bought a cue from Mike and instantly played well, it was like I'd played with the cue for years. I know not everyone gets on with blackspin, but don't knock till you've tried it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by devilronnie View Post
                Dream cue, how can I contact Trevs?
                Cheers mate. He posts on here as Trevs1

Comment

• A fantastic robin cue, got from him about 2 yrs ago.

Last edited by cueinhand; 28 July 2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueinhand View Post
                    A fantastic robin cue, got from him about 2 yrs ago.[ATTACH]18001[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18002[/ATTACH]
                    Thats very very nice
                    Satin wood veneers?

Comment

A fantastic robin cue, got from him about 2 yrs ago.[ATTACH]18001[/ATTACH][ATTACH]18002[/ATTACH]
                      Drooling +++
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• guess again mate

Comment

• Robin Cook

Comment

guess again mate[ATTACH]18003[/ATTACH]
                            Olive wood
                            nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

• Keep guessing mate, I will tell what wood if guessing wrong in 5 times.

Comment

Keep guessing mate, I will tell what wood if guessing wrong in 5 times.
                                I don't really care enough lol

Comment

Working...
                                X