This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
    When done properly it won't feel tacky. Ensure the shaft is clean and smooth beforehand, the key to it not being tacky is removing the excess oil properly after a few mins rather than let it sit for too long.

Applying and removing the excess quickly, with repeated small applications is far better than a single heavy application that's allowed to linger too long before the excess removed.

There's no issues with oiling the whole cue or just the shaft. If the butt has any sort of sealant on it, oiling it won't matter it simply won't penetrate.
    Thanks qc, I've stripped the whole cue down using method mentioned above.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
      With regards to the oil folks use - for me personally I have always used the same stuff I do my cricket bats with.. raw linseed oil... works lovely.
      I tend to use a mixture of tung oil and linseed, with thinners. Linseed, i have found, tends to give the cue a honeyed yellow - which I like, but it's something to be aware of.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
        With regards to the oil folks use - for me personally I have always used the same stuff I do my cricket bats with.. raw linseed oil... works lovely.
        I tend to use a mixture of tung oil and linseed, with thinners. Linseed, i have found, tends to give the cue a honeyed yellow - which I like, but it's something to be aware of.

Comment

• I had many over time but never been 100% happy with what i had until now.

In fact i have 3 at the moment, been trying stuff out.

I think i started with a bce cue in the eighties, got one from a general shop in London which turned out to be crap in the nineties.
          Around '96 i bought a craftsman from my best friend and i've been playing that one since then, but i only attended the club a few times in a year.

But i felt it was time for a change and most of all i wanted a cue that has the SD quick lock joint and extension.

Recently i got the cue from Jimmy's webshop at www.jimmy.com, which is perfectly fine and a very nice cue but it's a bit too light for me and i can't get used to it.
          Not a bad cue though, and the service there is great.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/im6KWxbaGC9AZv5X8

And just 10 days ago i was at JP shop , i know it's silly and expensive to travel all the way to London to pick a cue but it was something i wanted to experience and do...Hey you might call it a mid-life crisis thing, something that was on my bucket list.

Only played it a few times yet but i love this one already.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yBzxastwMTUoyHag8

Comment

• I had many over time but never been 100% happy with what i had until now.

In fact i have 3 at the moment, been trying stuff out.

I think i started with a bce cue in the eighties, got one from a general shop in London which turned out to be crap in the nineties.
            Around '96 i bought a craftsman from my best friend and i've been playing that one since then, but i only attended the club a few times in a year.

But i felt it was time for a change and most of all i wanted a cue that has the SD quick lock joint and extension.

Recently i got the cue from Jimmy's webshop at www.jimmy.com, which is perfectly fine and a very nice cue but it's a bit too light for me and i can't get used to it.
            Not a bad cue though, and the service there is great.

And just 10 days ago i was at JP shop , i know it's silly and expensive to travel all the way to London to pick a cue but it was something i wanted to experience and do...Hey you might call it a mid-life crisis thing, something that was on my bucket list.

Only played it a few times yet but i love this one already.

Last edited by Delphiwizard; 5 May 2019, 10:31 AM. Reason: Pictures altered

Comment

• Sorry for spamming, wanted to edit the post because images are not showing but i can't edit my own posts?
              Second post also not showing images but i can't remove it, weird forum behaviour.

Comment

• We heard you the first 2 times

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  We heard you the first 2 times
                  Well i'd be gladly edit the post and remove the second but i can't, no such option.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphiwizard View Post
                    Well i'd be gladly edit the post and remove the second but i can't, no such option.
                    That's only because you are new, once you have over 10 posts you will get access to those sort of options

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      That's only because you are new, once you have over 10 posts you will get access to those sort of options
                      Well i got the post count up to 11, still can't edit my post to fix the pictures and remove the double post, any idea?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphiwizard View Post
                        Well i got the post count up to 11, still can't edit my post to fix the pictures and remove the double post, any idea?
                        Wait a little while for the server to update. Then log in and out a few times.

Comment

• as Mark said, a bit of patience for the servers to update - and log back in - once should do it

there you go, test PM sent

(ps phone app does not have PM notifications)
                          Last edited by DeanH; 5 May 2019, 09:31 AM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Thanks all, finally fixed the pictures and deleted the double post

Comment

• you must be careful with how you rotate your phone as the images can be upside down

these make me feel sick :topsy_turvy:

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

you must be careful with how you rotate your phone as the images can be upside down
                                these make me feel sick :topsy_turvy:
                                Just fixed that for you

Comment

Working...
                                X