Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For many, visiting JP in London is like a pilgrimage. Me included, even though I think some other makers are arguably more fastidious, there's something magical about visiting JP and looking at his cues.

I hope you enjoy your new Professional cue for years to come.

Comment

• Yes, i kinda compare it with another thing i love, the Westvleteren beer.
      It's something that is quite rare and sometimes resold illegally and people like to visit the abbey region like it's a holy place.

In fact i am going over to the abbey tomorrow

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
        When done properly it won't feel tacky. Ensure the shaft is clean and smooth beforehand, the key to it not being tacky is removing the excess oil properly after a few mins rather than let it sit for too long.

Applying and removing the excess quickly, with repeated small applications is far better than a single heavy application that's allowed to linger too long before the excess removed.

There's no issues with oiling the whole cue or just the shaft. If the butt has any sort of sealant on it, oiling it won't matter it simply won't penetrate.
        Well I took youradvice qc, made sure it was 'clean' and gave the whole cue a light coat of oil, I masked the ferrule, and the joints, applied left for about 4 mins and buffed using microfibre cloth, left overnight and had a look this morning. Am very pleased to say I like it, and it still has that 'natural' feel but with a bit of shine.

Will rub down with 0000 wire wool and apply final coat today. will post pic when cured.
        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• been looking for the link for posting pics on here but cant find it

Comment

• if you are talking about the TSF-attachment feature - best not to use this as it is renowned for being poorly design and difficult to manage

use image-sharing sites such as TinyPic or ImgBB, which you can use without registering (you will be asked if you are a robot though).
            Browse to you image, upload, copy the code supplied, one is specifically for Forum, paste this code into your TSF post. Multiple images in a single post works
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Yes, I use imgbb too.

Comment

• https://imgur.com/v8IhX89
                Last edited by sanman; 10 May 2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• how does one make these pics appear on the page instead of a link

Comment

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                    The new one which you are making for me looks better than all of those, lol. these are also superb.
                    Last edited by fkhan; 10 May 2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

how does one make these pics appear on the page instead of a link
                      I never use imgur - as it does not seem to work as well as other image-sharing sites.

in TinyPic, browse for and upload an image
                      you will then see severalf fileds, one is "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"
                      and you will see a code like
                      "{SquareBracket}IMG{SquareBracket}http://i65.tinypic.com/1679s0k.jpg{SquareBracket}/IMG{SquareBracket}"
                      (without the obvious words )- click on the filed it will select the whoe code cope (Ctrl+C or right-mouse-click, copy)
                      go to your TSF post, Ctrl+v or right-mouse-click, Paste.

The images should display in the post.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Very nice Sanman, great work

Comment

• Well here it is all finished before:

And after, just two light coats of oil and a lot of buffing, feels silky smooth and no tackiness very pleased with result.

Comment

• Great work

Comment

• Thank you qc, I did follow your advice though :applouse:

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X