This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Straight strike View Post
    What wood did you use for the secondary splicing on Glover, ChrisB?
    Looks like a Cocobola butt with Serpent wood splices & green veneers, a rare & unique combination but thats the beauty of cues designs its a very personal, individual thing as can be seen throughout this thread.

Plus no 2 pieces of wood are the same which makes every cue unique & special in there own way.

Lovely cue Chris, nice work Tony Glover !

Comment

• Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
      Small update folks, my Trevor White arrived so thought I would share some pictures with you fellow enthusiats :snooker:

Well another update my fellow snooker enthusiasts, having been enjoying playing with the 1pc Rocket and having had my 3/4 TW already on order I decided to take a good friends advice and order up a 1pc custom cue by Mr Tony Glover of Glover Cues, quality and feel of this cue are simply outstanding, the cue is a complete one off, Tony has never made anything like it before (his words). Heres some pictures of her

Is there a reason why the bottom half of the cue is varnished and not the same finish as the shaft?

Comment

• Old Tony Glover cue (Recustomize by Tony Glover)

Hi,

I have bought this cue off mattyshinobi22.
        It was 56" & 9mm.

I had it sent to Glover cues for extension by adding 4 splash of kingwood, Tony done a great job.
        Heard from Tony that he made this cue for an ex-pro by the name of Joe Oboye many moons ago.

It is now 57.5", 9.5mm, 18oz & 29mm.
        It also has a matching kingwood mini butt.

Another classic from John Parris
        I got this from Dan Shelton, it was 55".
        Sent it to Parris workshop to have it extended to 57.5", 9.5mm, 18oz & 29mm butt.

Before

After

Last edited by willytan; 1 August 2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• My Custom made North Wales Case by Crispian Jones.

Ultimate Diamond case

Leather Patchwork Case

Last edited by willytan; 1 August 2010, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Very nice cases willtan.

Just received my new case from Crispian and will put it on here when have taken pics.
            :snooker:

Comment

• Nice cases Willy . Very good quality . Look stunning
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                Very nice cases willtan.

Just received my new case from Crispian and will put it on here when have taken pics.
                :snooker:
                I started a thread for cue cases , under the very imaginative title of ' Post Pictures of Your Cue Case '

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Nice cases Willy . Very good quality . Look stunning
                  All thanks to Crispian Jones.
                  He is a master in case making.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                    Hi,

I have bought this cue off mattyshinobi22.
                    It was 56" & 9mm.

I had it sent to Glover cues for extension by adding 4 splash of kingwood, Tony done a great job.
                    Heard from Tony that he made this cue for an ex-pro by the name of Joe Oboye many moons ago.

It is now 57.5", 9.5mm, 18oz & 29mm.
                    It also has a matching kingwood mini butt.

Another classic from John Parris
                    I got this from Dan Shelton, it was 55".
                    Sent it to Parris workshop to have it extended to 57.5", 9.5mm, 18oz & 29mm butt.

Before

After

looking very nice that cue mate, glad someone gonna get some use out of it, cant beleive it belong to ex pro, woulda sold for more

Comment

• Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                      looking very nice that cue mate, glad someone gonna get some use out of it, cant beleive it belong to ex pro, woulda sold for more
                      That's what Tony told me but he can't be very sure himself as it was quite sometime back.
                      Cue is a bliss to play with and the workmanship is second to none.
                      Can be easily compared with the likes John Parris, Trevor White & MW.

The only con was that when u play a power shot with follow/screw back, there is a crack sound.
                      Other than that, everything is fine.

What i suspect is that the ferrule wasn't settled yet, thus the weird sound.
                      I have slowly gotten used to playin soft/med strength shot to get round with the cue.
                      Last edited by willytan; 8 August 2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• My new cue and case

Here are some pictures of my new cue and case, just in time for the start of the season. I’m absolutely delighted, the cue I have been using for a couple of weeks now and it just feels better every time I use it and I just think the case is the dogs all I need now is to do both them some justice lol

Comment

• Very nice set you have there mate . I know what you mean about doing it justice , picked up my TW in February and still have not done anything to write home about . Maybe today will be the day !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Very nice set you have there mate . I know what you mean about doing it justice , picked up my TW in February and still have not done anything to write home about . Maybe today will be the day !
                            thanks mate, our new season started this week, so i'm going to get up the club a bit more for some practice before my first league match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ashbash View Post
                              Here are some pictures of my new cue and case, just in time for the start of the season. I’m absolutely delighted, the cue I have been using for a couple of weeks now and it just feels better every time I use it and I just think the case is the dogs all I need now is to do both them some justice lol
                              Very nice, top notch work of art.
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Thats a cracker ashbash .

Comment

Working...
                                X