No announcement yet.

GBL shop Anyone been??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been to the shop after a long drive from the midlands, it is a long long drive!!

Its a nice setup, two tables, loads of cues to try out, and you can take your time and feel under no pressure, they just let you get on with it, I never felt pressured once. I went with a friend who had his eye on a cue on website which he provisionally paid a deposit for and went to the shop to try it first and pay for it if he liked it. I just went along as I wanted to see the place.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      I've been to the shop after a long drive from the midlands, it is a long long drive!!

Its a nice setup, two tables, loads of cues to try out, and you can take your time and feel under no pressure, they just let you get on with it, I never felt pressured once. I went with a friend who had his eye on a cue on website which he provisionally paid a deposit for and went to the shop to try it first and pay for it if he liked it. I just went along as I wanted to see the place.
      It is a very long drive!! I actually picked up my Aristocrat table from Newcastle area... That was a long tiring day! That’s why I thought I’d tie it in with a few days holiday in the area so I’ll be ready for a full day of cue testing!

Comment

I'd check what their policy is for handling lots of cues with Covid19 and all that. Last time I checked they weren't letting people visit at all, but I guess that may change through July.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          I'd check what their policy is for handling lots of cues with Covid19 and all that. Last time I checked they weren't letting people visit at all, but I guess that may change through July.
          I’ve let the wife organise the particulars as it my bDay treat and all that, but apparently it’s by appointment only and you book a time slot, so I’m assuming they’ll deal with one/two customers, then have a wipe down before the next appointment... I’ll get her to double check though, good point!

Comment

I've been about 10 times, 7 of those this season. The shop is the best you'll find anywhere, size is big enough to fit 2 snooker tables length ways with room to play all around, and a pool table side on at the end of the room. They normally stock well over 200 handmade cues from top end cuemakers, whether it's ton praram, maximus, gbl which is their own brand, master cues and there is a new brand just brought in...sp cues I think? There won't be any pressuring, if you know what you like as in stiffness of cue, throw with side you like and are able to describe this to stu he will have a good idea of cues that will suit you and bring these to a table for you to try.
            ​​​​
            this season I have taken a maximus ultimate, a gbl hand made which is there base model, a gbl vanquish which is their top of the range model, a praram limited pro all of which after trying on my table for a few days I realised I wasn't happy with them, each time I was able to return them to the shop either for full refund or an exchange for a different cue, obviously based on the cue being in still new condition, I ended up taking a praram limited and got it fitted with a titanium ferrule while I waited in the shop.

Put it this way, you won't be disappointed if you go

Comment

How are you playing with the Praram Fraser ? Is this the one ?

what cue did Maguire purchase from Stu ?
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                I've been about 10 times, 7 of those this season. The shop is the best you'll find anywhere, size is big enough to fit 2 snooker tables length ways with room to play all around, and a pool table side on at the end of the room. They normally stock well over 200 handmade cues from top end cuemakers, whether it's ton praram, maximus, gbl which is their own brand, master cues and there is a new brand just brought in...sp cues I think? There won't be any pressuring, if you know what you like as in stiffness of cue, throw with side you like and are able to describe this to stu he will have a good idea of cues that will suit you and bring these to a table for you to try.
                ​​​​
                this season I have taken a maximus ultimate, a gbl hand made which is there base model, a gbl vanquish which is their top of the range model, a praram limited pro all of which after trying on my table for a few days I realised I wasn't happy with them, each time I was able to return them to the shop either for full refund or an exchange for a different cue, obviously based on the cue being in still new condition, I ended up taking a praram limited and got it fitted with a titanium ferrule while I waited in the shop.

Put it this way, you won't be disappointed if you go
                That’s a great review, thanks for sharing that! I just hope I don’t find one too quickly!

If you could give me the details of the cues you’ve tried I’ll make a note to negotiate some money off those now there ‘used’! Lol

Comment

Lol I think most have since been sold mate. I am happy with this praram Neil, only used it for 3 days before the lockdown but was playing really well with it, played John Higgins the last day I played before the lockdown and had 130tc, 134 back to back to finish the day, the 134 I missed last pink on a max

Comment

Bottled the Pink Fraser ..............was it a difficult pink ?

impressive set of breaks , hopefully pick up where you left off .

It it could be ‘ The One ‘ then !!!!

Comment

Just 21 days to go... this is worse than Xmas

Comment

Landed kinda parallel to the pink and having to cut it back to middle screwing white off black cushion with check to hold for black, just caught near jaw. I've had "the one" proba my about 10 times through my time playing, just always ended up changing for one reason or another

Comment

How many 147’s have you had Fraser?

Comment

7 in matches, last one was against soheil when he came for a game in my club a while back after him missing the last red on one the frame before

Comment

Very good Fraser . Good luck for the Worlds , couple of wins = a nice pay day .

Comment

I have been a few times, i rate it and Stu Green highly.

Being a decent player himself can offer his unbaised opinion on the cue aswell.
                                Just lets you get on with picking a cue out....no salesmanship required lol

Just wish it was closer to me. Top draw place though.

Comment

Working...
                                X