Riley Aristocrat wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Ken Doherty ,has the Aristocrat again now ,not sure about Shaun Murphy ,I heard when they jacked his frame up to level it ,the wood started to splinter !!! Last year John Higgins gave away his Star to some pro kid called Madocks ,Higgins has got a Westbury now , he got a mint steel block one for about a grand ( that one is on Geoff large web site ) .Think Ronnie has the black walnut Aristocrat special edition .
    Really appreciate the info Mikee - I'm trying to educate better younger players than me, about what we have discussed on this thread. It bothers me they think the Star is the "ultimate" table and need to understand if they want to make a syndicate and get a quality practice facility set up, then a good Aristocrat with pro tournament pocket templates is the way to go! Using Strachan #10 they then have every chance/benefit of practising on the same conditions at an achievable cost!
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Having to wait , building is going through planning , going to end up with a four star hotel the way this is spiralling out of control
      we were having a close look at this one but it wouldn't be painted up like that, we are all to old for gold lol.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BCE-Westb...YAAOSwffRd-pee
      Thats where I got mine from I February ,and its plain good old Mahogany ,that one in the pic went to someone with no taste in Germany .

Comment

Thats where I got mine from I February ,and its plain good old Mahogany ,that one in the pic went to someone with no taste in Germany .
        Star wannabe Mikee
        thats not from the lad who was on here was it , is it merryfield or something like that ?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thats sad but proof advertising works and money talks ( but it dont sing and dance and it dont walk! )
          Last edited by Cue crafty; 9 September 2020, 08:22 PM.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Star wannabe Mikee
            thats not from the lad who was on here was it , is it merryfield or something like that ?
            Yes it is ,He deals in mainly Aristocrats and Westburys ,because out of most second hand tables they are the only ones that really hold value .I had it delivered and Geoff set it up and looks after it .Just had service on Tuesday ,stretch , slates checked ,level etc .

Comment

Ken Doherty ,has the Aristocrat again now ,not sure about Shaun Murphy ,I heard when they jacked his frame up to level it ,the wood started to splinter !!! Last year John Higgins gave away his Star to some pro kid called Madocks ,Higgins has got a Westbury now , he got a mint steel block one for about a grand ( that one is on Geoff large web site ) .Think Ronnie has the black walnut Aristocrat special edition .
              John has bce at his house but barely uses it and got a new star table off world snooker services that he has in his unit

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post

John has bce at his house but barely uses it and got a new star table off world snooker services that he has in his unit
                Hiya Frazz - as a pro, would you personally only practice on a Star table yourself? Just curious as to whether you feel exactly the same conditions can be replicated on a Riley Aristocrat.. thanks.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  I'm feeling serious fears of another lock down and no snooker again! This home shed or syndicate using a personal unit etc may become the only way to play the bloody game in the future. Sorry for the negativity just reading the news this morning and wondering how long it will be before we are knackered again. Woe is me and all that crap, Lol.

Just starting finding some form too.... ahggg! Fingers crossed i'm wrong!!
                  I know what you mean about future lockdowns etc., don't get me started the future of some clubs must be rocky. I'm glad my shed/table is now finished, being able to play at home is great.

Comment

How do you search for a member on here, trying to send a message about the BCE table but can't find Merryfield, I'm not sure if that's the right spelling.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Hiya Frazz - as a pro, would you personally only practice on a Star table yourself? Just curious as to whether you feel exactly the same conditions can be replicated on a Riley Aristocrat.. thanks.
                      Personally I don't like aristocrat tables but I only played on the tour 1 season using aristocrats and it was when bce had taken over Riley so it wasn't really proper aristocrats. I think stars are much better playing tables but everyone has their own preference

Comment

When was that mid 2000s ? 2004/5 ?

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post

Personally I don't like aristocrat tables but I only played on the tour 1 season using aristocrats and it was when bce had taken over Riley so it wasn't really proper aristocrats. I think stars are much better playing tables but everyone has their own preference
                          Cheers Frazz - its good to get different perspectives on this. Hope you are getting plenty of table time.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

How do you search for a member on here, trying to send a message about the BCE table but can't find Merryfield, I'm not sure if that's the right spelling.
                            I normally just type the name in the search box, but just tried that for Merryfield and nothing much came up...
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't go ,send me one and I will reply .

Comment

Tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't go ,send me one and I will reply .
                                Yeah doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

Working...
                                X