Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Club table year of production ?

Hi,

I have a Riley 12ft Club table which I had installed as refurbished around the year 1999 or so.
    As it is refurbished, it has to be 80s or 90s I think, although I really have no clue how to date Riley tables..
    Could anyone offer some insights ?

It was fitted by Erik Claes, Belgium. He said the slate is italian, that's all I know
    The design of the legs/table appears to be like the Aristocrat table, different from more recent Club tables I believe.
    Attached Files

I would concur it is a Riley Aristocrat table and could be 80s to 90s as the design did not change barely at all.
    Hope any table fitter pops on
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Looks like a table from the 80’s or 90’s single bolt legs rather than double bolted on older tables .Check thickness of slate ,if it’s 2 inch it would most likely be Welsh or Irish slate ,those slate mines closet in the 60’s or thereabouts .more modern tables have 1.75 inch Italian slate Have a look under the table ,most post 1980 tables have one row of muntins ,slate bearers running straight down the middle ,older table had two or three rows ,if it’s one row there’s a chance it may have adjustable bearers running under with a bolt and bracket system for supporting the slates .

Comment

it has two large slate bearers running the width of the table and one lighter one running down the middle of the length of the table.
        Added a few more pics.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by strobbekoen; 24 May 2022, 05:39 AM.

Comment

If it’s an Aristocrat it’ll have the date of manufacture stamped into the long side rails and also the two cross rails.

Looks to me like an Aristocrat frame & legs with some old cushions on? Not Aristocrat cushions anyway.. The Riley Club badge might have been taken off another table.

I’ve attached a photo of what to look for regards the date stamp, mine is a 1983 model.

Attached Files

Comment

The date stamps are obviously on the inside of the frame underneath

Comment

Yes that's what I thought, Aristocrat cushions are different. But who knows, they might have produced the Club table that way at some point in time.
              I'll have a look for the stamps the next time the cloth is renewed.

Comment

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
                Yes that's what I thought, Aristocrat cushions are different. But who knows, they might have produced the Club table that way at some point in time.
                I'll have a look for the stamps the next time the cloth is renewed.
                Not sure how waiting for the cloth will help? You can just get underneath the table at any point and the stamp will be right there staring you in the face. You might just need a torch to see it! Every component on the table will have the date and model number stamped into it. The legs are stamped on the top so you won’t find those unless the slates come off.

When you do have the cloth changed, check the inside of the cushions for a stamp… I seriously doubt those cushions are even off a Riley table? Looks like they’ve used a donor table for those? A more modern Riley table would have slide in cushion bolts covers, the ones on your table looked to be screwed on?

Comment

ah i see, i misunderstood. will use my bike torch and take a look

Comment

Found some numbers scribbled on the inside of the side panels
                    two times 11/87/48 and one is 3/86/323.
                    But not all side panels have a number as far as i can see.

Now I am curious what will be on the cushions!

Comment

Found some numbers scribbled on the inside of the side panels
                      two times 11/87/48 and one is 3/86/323.
                      But not all side panels have a number as far as i can see.

Now I am curious what will be on the cushions!
                      Seems like it’s a 1986 year, model 323

Comment

Thanks for the help
                        I hope I don't have a frankenstein table!
                        Had it exchanged from a mint BCE westbury 10ft I bought new a couple years prior from the same fitter.

Comment

It is quite common for new rails to be fitted as old ones can get to the point of not being able to be trimmed anymore or just exchanged for a "better" set.

Comment

It's a excellent table though with match pockets.
                            As a matter of fact, i saw balls go in on professional snooker match tables that there's no way they'd drop on mine.

Comment

It's a excellent table though with match pockets.
                              As a matter of fact, i saw balls go in on professional snooker match tables that there's no way they'd drop on mine.

not just cushions, add brand new near-napless cloth and heating

Comment

Working...
                              X