Email from Geoff Large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from Geoff Large

Just wondering if any of Geoffs correspondants receiver an email with an Egyptian connection this morning ?

Philip in China or 100 upper ??? Please reply.

Gerard
    When you but cheap... You buy twice !

I just got one asking for a large sum of money. I had brief contact with Geoff but never met him so I doubt very much he would ask me.

Comment

I just got one, also I started a fresh email to the contact I have in my email and it came back initially with a suspicious activity, before sending the email through. Maybe I should not have done that?
      Anyone contacted Geoff other than by email?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I got the same email through, imo the style of writing is completely different to Geoffs. Doubtful its from him

Comment

I found the email a bit suspicious when I opened it, especially with the just "Hello" and the sign off as "Geoffrey". (he always signs off as Geoff)
          Im sure someone compromised his emails. Its quite convincing, but having corresponded with Geoff for quite a long time , I can see that that was not his writing.
          When you but cheap... You buy twice !

Comment

I just spoke to Geoff via text and it is a scam and he sends his apologies, no doubt he will explain when he can.

Comment

I sent 5,000 quid by Western Union and shall expect Geoffto either refund it or provide me with free table services to at least that value ;-)
              王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                I sent 5,000 quid by Western Union and shall expect Geoffto either refund it or provide me with free table services to at least that value ;-)
                Hi Philip,

Your help is needed. I am a very wealthy Nigerian Prince called Prince Bobo. My son was kidnapped by Barry Hearn and is being held in a Spanish Prison. I need to bride the prison guards but lack funds as I purchased too many John Parris Ultimate cues this week. So just give me your bank details and I will send you one of the cues when they arrive in 48 months time.

Yours,

Prince Bobo.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

May it please your Royal Highness,

Funny- but is it actually a lot sillier than some of the scams on the internet? I am amazed that people are taken in by them, but people clearly are.

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  Hi Philip,

Your help is needed. I am a very wealthy Nigerian Prince called Prince Bobo. My son was kidnapped by Barry Hearn and is being held in a Spanish Prison. I need to bride the prison guards but lack funds as I purchased too many John Parris Ultimate cues this week. So just give me your bank details and I will send you one of the cues when they arrive in 48 months time.

Yours,

Prince Bobo.

王可

Comment

It was on our local news some years ago... there was this guy who was duped by one of these Nigerian email scams into sending his money overseas. He did it on numerous occassions (WTF!!!) until his life savings was spent and then got cut off. Somehow managed to set up a meeting with the other party, flew over alone to try and salvage the situation and was never heard of again... As I recall, it was a very sad case, the guy was in his 20s or 30s, single and his aged parent was dependent on him.
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                      It was on our local news some years ago... there was this guy who was duped by one of these Nigerian email scams into sending his money overseas. He did it on numerous occassions (WTF!!!) until his life savings was spent and then got cut off. Somehow managed to set up a meeting with the other party, flew over alone to try and salvage the situation and was never heard of again... As I recall, it was a very sad case, the guy was in his 20s or 30s, single and his aged parent was dependent on him.
                      Makes you wonder how people are taken in by these things doesn't it !

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Makes you wonder how people are taken in by these things doesn't it !
                        It is mind boggling... You receive an anonymous email from a foreign land with a cock and bull story, guy asks you for your money and you hand it over?... I mean, seriously, WTF???
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

It is mind boggling... You receive an anonymous email from a foreign land with a cock and bull story, guy asks you for your money and you hand it over?... I mean, seriously, WTF???
                          To be honest if i get a call from a foreign voice, i lose interest very quickly and just hang up

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            To be honest if i get a call from a foreign voice, i lose interest very quickly and just hang up
                            I'd hang on for a sec more if she sounds sexy... just a sec, no more...

Comment

I'd hang on for a sec more if she sounds sexy... just a sec, no more...
                              Well that goes without saying lol

Comment

Working...
                              X