X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Tried... did you say you have a dehumidifier as well?
    if so, what make/model?
    Hi Dean the Dehumifier is Eco-Air DD122FW-MK5 I couldn't recommend this enough, around £150 maybe a bit cheaper now.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Tried... did you say you have a dehumidifier as well?
    if so, what make/model?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Originally Posted by craig147 View Post
    Yes like yourself the majority of time I will be using table for practice and solo play so will last a lot longer than if it were fitted in a club, would be handy to be able to play on both to compare but I can't see that happening.
    I noticed you've said that you got a thermostatic radiator so I take it you had a purpose built room/extension built for your table and then just piped a new radiator in off your existing boiler ?
    No extension mate I built it all myself from scratch at the end of my garden and no pipes at all, just a normal plug in thermostat radiator which is fantastic, think it could be a dimplex will have another look.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
    In a club Craig the Hainsworth Precision would probably last a month if you're lucky, but 95% of the time it's just me practicing and it's been on there now 4 months and you would think I had it fitted a couple of weeks back, brushed every night after play, block it also and because the room is well insulated and run at a constant temp ironing is not needed as half as much as the Strachan did. I don't even think I need to iron it but because it cost me £100 for the iron I might as well get some use out of it.

Dean also mentioned under table heaters are not necessary with a good heated room correct my cloth is as quick as the day it was fitted. My thermostat radiator cost £140 and it's been excellent.

Yes like yourself the majority of time I will be using table for practice and solo play so will last a lot longer than if it were fitted in a club, would be handy to be able to play on both to compare but I can't see that happening.
    I noticed you've said that you got a thermostatic radiator so I take it you had a purpose built room/extension built for your table and then just piped a new radiator in off your existing boiler ?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Meant to also add, great point above mate ! This was my worry that a 10ft table would become cluttered and struggle to really have a proper game so to speak. Really interesting to hear from someone who has had experience with both tables although you do have slightly longer room than myself. Also glad you mentioned the cloth as I have heard mixed reviews regarding the hainsworth precision against the strachan tournament some saying the hainsworth does not last anywhere near as long and also it is a lot harder to fit as can tear when getting fitted, would'nt think this issue would be the customers though surely.
    In a club Craig the Hainsworth Precision would probably last a month if you're lucky, but 95% of the time it's just me practicing and it's been on there now 4 months and you would think I had it fitted a couple of weeks back, brushed every night after play, block it also and because the room is well insulated and run at a constant temp ironing is not needed as half as much as the Strachan did. I don't even think I need to iron it but because it cost me £100 for the iron I might as well get some use out of it.

Dean also mentioned under table heaters are not necessary with a good heated room correct my cloth is as quick as the day it was fitted. My thermostat radiator cost £140 and it's been excellent.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    it has been said before that if you have consistent ambient room temp and humidity then under table heaters are not necessary.
    Cheers Dean ! that was kind of what I was thinking but good to hear this is the general consensus!

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied

Another problem or mistake I made was I kept saying to myself it's only 2ft shorter in length and only 1ft shorter in width it's nearly a full size, that's totally wrong in real terms the difference in size is actually massive and you notice this because the 10ft playing with 15 reds it's very cluttered and at times impossible to have any sort of game, its then you realise the comparison.
    Meant to also add, great point above mate ! This was my worry that a 10ft table would become cluttered and struggle to really have a proper game so to speak. Really interesting to hear from someone who has had experience with both tables although you do have slightly longer room than myself. Also glad you mentioned the cloth as I have heard mixed reviews regarding the hainsworth precision against the strachan tournament some saying the hainsworth does not last anywhere near as long and also it is a lot harder to fit as can tear when getting fitted, would'nt think this issue would be the customers though surely.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    10ft or 12ft dilemma!

it has been said before that if you have consistent ambient room temp and humidity then under table heaters are not necessary.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    I paid £500 for the 10ft from a website & this had to be stored & collected by a table fitter who charged £700 which including fitting so £1200 in total.

The 12ft I bought was from a company who also purchased tables so they bought my 10ft for £500 which I was happy with and paid them another £900 for the Riley 12ft which was then delivered and installed.
    My table is now fitted with a Hainsworth precision cloth which plays so much better then my previous Strachan tournament gold. I also have the room on a thermostat with a constant 21 degrees and don't take long to click off again & of course a decent dehumidifier in the corner.

Another problem or mistake I made was I kept saying to myself it's only 2ft shorter in length and only 1ft shorter in width it's nearly a full size, that's totally wrong in real terms the difference in size is actually massive and you notice this because the 10ft playing with 15 reds it's very cluttered and at times impossible to have any sort of game, its then you realise the comparison.
    A dehumidifier is something I have kind of overlooked although I have heard them mentioned on other threads.Is there any specific manufactures/models you could recommend? Also are they costly to run? I will put the room on a stat to keep it at set temperature ( thinking 2 or 3 dimplex wall heaters should be sufice ) but I am unsure as to whether to put under table heaters in or not as this is just an additional running cost and may not be worth the hassle. A lot to think about really when trying to get a snooker room with the right conditions it seems! What happend to just flinging a table up in a room and away you play! lol

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Great stuff mate you must be in your element ! So did you Buy both your 10 and 12 foot tables brand new if you don't mind me asking?
    I paid £500 for the 10ft from a website & this had to be stored & collected by a table fitter who charged £700 which including fitting so £1200 in total.

The 12ft I bought was from a company who also purchased tables so they bought my 10ft for £500 which I was happy with and paid them another £900 for the Riley 12ft which was then delivered and installed.
    My table is now fitted with a Hainsworth precision cloth which plays so much better then my previous Strachan tournament gold. I also have the room on a thermostat with a constant 21 degrees and don't take long to click off again & of course a decent dehumidifier in the corner.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Absolutely fine Craig, play against friends & family, practice routines.
    Great stuff mate you must be in your element ! So did you Buy both your 10 and 12 foot tables brand new if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    And do you feel you have enough room mate or are you hampered in any way at all?
    Absolutely fine Craig, play against friends & family, practice routines.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    From inside wall to wall length wise Craig it's 21 and 3/4 and width just under 16 and a half ft.
    And do you feel you have enough room mate or are you hampered in any way at all?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    What is the size of room you have your table in mate if you happen to know?
    From inside wall to wall length wise Craig it's 21 and 3/4 and width just under 16 and a half ft.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    What is the size of room you have your table in mate if you happen to know?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X