• DeanH
    replied
    10ft or 12ft dilemma!

as always, pictures and running updates on what you do :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    10ft or 12ft dilemma!

yep for practice it will train you to get the cue ball away from the cushion

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Thanks for that dean ! I would say a good 60 - 70% of time will be just solo practice on the table so this is what has made me start thinking that going large is the way forward!

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    10ft or 12ft dilemma!

it has been said by others that went for a 10ft that they regret the decision as the feel and play is different to a 12ft.
    and also one said (on Geoff Large's site) that his friends stopped coming round because of the difference.
    If you have the space and only the rare tight square cushions shots with be affected, go LARGE

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    started a topic 10ft or 12ft dilemma!

10ft or 12ft dilemma!

Hi All ! I have not long moved into my new house and have a detached double garage which has an internal size of 6m x 6m but walls have still to be sheeted so will be slightly smaller time this is done. My plan was originally to get a 10 x 5 ft table put in to allow room for cuing with a full size cue all around the table from tight on the cushion and also a bit easier to play on when friends come over for a game and a few beers. I am now thinking perhaps it is maybe worth going for a full size table and just having the black end of the table a bit closer to wall as for all the times you will be playing shots up the table from tight on the black cushion is not very often really and a smaller cue could be used for these shots, I personally feel positioning the table this way would not hamper too many shots but perhaps I am overlooking other issues? Any advice or help would be much appreciated as I form want to make the wrong decision and end up regretting it!!
Working...
X