Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craig147
    replied
    Hi mate, I'm still in the process of getting room done up, I'm needing to get a side door cut into garage first then going to sheet over 2 front garage doors. I am more likely going to opt for a full size table but waiting till walls are all sheeted to see exact room I have left. I think you will be fine with the dimensions you have given for your room so I would definitely go full size!!

Originally Posted by Romewo View Post
    Hey Craig!

What did you end up with? 10 or 12ft? I'm having the same dilemma atm, and my room is only 18.9x15.25 ft. Or its actually 23 ft in lenght but there is a thin wall in the middle around the black spot if you know what I mean. My concern is the width.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18303[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• danam1
    replied
    Originally Posted by Romewo View Post
    Hey Craig!

What did you end up with? 10 or 12ft? I'm having the same dilemma atm, and my room is only 18.9x15.25 ft. Or its actually 23 ft in lenght but there is a thin wall in the middle around the black spot if you know what I mean. My concern is the width.
    I think you should be able to get away with that width no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Romewo
    replied
    Hey Craig!

image.png
    Last edited by Romewo; 15 February 2016, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    I set a full size snooker table up in Mansfield woodhouse near Nottingham in a terraced House

the table was on the ground floor as they had knocked the two rooms into one

there was 4 foot to the bay window area from the baulk end

2 foot down each side

and 6 foot at the spot end

in the spot end there was a two seater settee

A TV and a 4 foot fish tank full of fish and coral

when we had finished the client was knocking a few balls around then he decided to rack them up and break off

The white ball hit the pack of reds and jumped off the table and right through the glass fish tank , it was like something off Fools and horses , fish all over the carpet
    and me and my Mate rolling around in laughter on the drive home the van must have been all over the road .
    Thank you for that, Mr. Large. I hope you are well.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Originally Posted by craig147 View Post
    M

If you have any pics of your set up Philip then would be good to see too!
    There should be some pictures here:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...liday+bulgaria

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Large
    replied
    Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    Is that to me?

Generally on size people can forgetquite how seriously big a 12' table with playing space really is! Geoff has a wonderful story about a fish tank. Come on, Geoff, let's hear it again!

I set a full size snooker table up in Mansfield woodhouse near Nottingham in a terraced House

the table was on the ground floor as they had knocked the two rooms into one

there was 4 foot to the bay window area from the baulk end

2 foot down each side

and 6 foot at the spot end

in the spot end there was a two seater settee

A TV and a 4 foot fish tank full of fish and coral

when we had finished the client was knocking a few balls around then he decided to rack them up and break off

The white ball hit the pack of reds and jumped off the table and right through the glass fish tank , it was like something off Fools and horses , fish all over the carpet
    and me and my Mate rolling around in laughter on the drive home the van must have been all over the road .

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    M
    Is that to me?

Generally on size people can forgetquite how seriously big a 12' table with playing space really is! Geoff has a wonderful story about a fish tank. Come on, Geoff, let's hear it again!
    If you have any pics of your set up Philip then would be good to see too!

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Are you able to upload any photos of your set up mate?
    Is that to me?

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
    Yes when you look at it like that Phillip it's unbelievable how different in playing area size they really are.
    Are you able to upload any photos of your set up mate?

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Don't think "only 2 ' shorter". Think: a 12' table has 44% more area than a 10'. That is a lot!
    Yes when you look at it like that Phillip it's unbelievable how different in playing area size they really are.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Don't think "only 2 ' shorter". Think: a 12' table has 44% more area than a 10'. That is a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Ok thanks I will take a look at the model you have recommended and take it from there.did you carpet your snooker room then or go for a hard floor? sorry for the barrage of questions mate It just helps to hear from experience when making choices. Have you got any photos you can upload or send of your set up? Cheers again!!
    I stuck carpet tiles down, they were seconds off eBay for under £100.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    No I switch it on once sometimes twice a week for about 6 hours. I've got clock that checks humitdy in the room and that's normally 40%.
    Ok thanks I will take a look at the model you have recommended and take it from there.did you carpet your snooker room then or go for a hard floor? sorry for the barrage of questions mate It just helps to hear from experience when making choices. Have you got any photos you can upload or send of your set up? Cheers again!!

Leave a comment:

• Triedandtested
    replied
    Do you have this running all the time then mate, I noticed its Eco-air so s running cost ok?
    No I switch it on once sometimes twice a week for about 6 hours. I've got clock that checks humitdy in the room and that's normally 40%.

Leave a comment:

• craig147
    replied
    Hi Dean the Dehumifier is Eco-Air DD122FW-MK5 I couldn't recommend this enough, around £150 maybe a bit cheaper now.
    Do you have this running all the time then mate, I noticed its Eco-air so s running cost ok?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X