Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours a week should I practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours a week should I practice?

How many hours do you think is suitable for me to improve my game alot because at the moment I'm struggling between a 20-30 break every now and then and it's not consistent enough.
    Dark side of the moon

Three days per week at 4 hours apiece, with 50% being on your own and the other half against someone better than you are.

Most pros practice 6 hours a day, 6 days a week when they can

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

how often do you play now ?

Comment

I don't have anybody to go with my stepdad gets bored after a few frames, my mates ain't into snooker so maybe on max about 2-3 hours a week if that
        Dark side of the moon

Comment

I know how you feel mate... Couple that with the only decent club being 15 miles away and not driving and I struggle to play once a week!

Used to play like 6 hours a week at uni but I was still rubbish

Eventually I will join the club 2 miles away but its a joke quite frankly... They wouldn't let me join till the new year because they start memberships in january... So I have been waiting about 2 months and if I want to go there its 2 pound a persn to go in, and I have to get my sister, who is a member, to sign me in on the door
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
            I don't have anybody to go with my stepdad gets bored after a few frames, my mates ain't into snooker so maybe on max about 2-3 hours a week if that
            spread the 2-3 hours about if you can 1 hour 1 night 1 the next . but you will have to play more than that.

Comment

depends what you do when you practice///

two hours solid practice 3 times a week is better than 20 hours of messing around/////

Comment

Everytime I play, it's solid practice I never mess about.
                Dark side of the moon

Comment

Just one hour’s practice a week will improve your game if you are a 20-30 break man.

However, if you have any problems with your stance or cue-action, practice will only bed them in deeper.

Get somebody to have a look at you. Then practise as often as you want to. If you force yourself to practise when you don’t want to, it can become counter productive.

Tim
                  http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

How many hours do you think is suitable for me to improve my game alot because at the moment I'm struggling between a 20-30 break every now and then and it's not consistent enough.
                    You guys are lucky. I had only some 4 hours altogether in the past few weeks. Current workloads are killing me bit by bit. That is why my skill is nothing. Those members who came visiting me lately will know what I am talking about
                    It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                      You guys are lucky. I had only some 4 hours altogether in the past few weeks. Current workloads are killing me bit by bit. That is why my skill is nothing. Those members who came visiting me lately will know what I am talking about
                      I haven't played since last week...busy like hell...that's worse than yours
                      My cueing sucks

Comment

I can get 20-30 breaks every now and then it is definitely not water of a ducks back job... it isn't consistent, I need to improve alot but I don't have somebody to go with so I find it difficult because playing a few hours by myself is boring.
                        Dark side of the moon

Comment

I can get 20-30 breaks every now and then it is definitely not water of a ducks back job... it isn't consistent, I need to improve alot but I don't have somebody to go with so I find it difficult because playing a few hours by myself is boring.
                          Pity your so far away fella, i would'nt mind a few frames with someone...

I've always found it difficult to find anyone that actually likes snooker no matter play it...

I've been into snooker for many years and only ever had 1 mate really into it..

Sad really int it...

I've been playing on my own the last few weeks after picking up a cue again after 3 years off the table and i've been quite enjoying the practise on my own but would be nice to have a few more peeps to play with.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post

I've always found it difficult to find anyone that actually likes snooker no matter play it...

Sad really int it...

I've been playing on my own the last few weeks after picking up a cue again after 3 years off the table and i've been quite enjoying the practise on my own but would be nice to have a few more peeps to play with.:snooker:
                            We almost have the same situation. I only have 1 mate who seriously into this game. The rest are either "gambler" (including my eldest bro) or just "recreational" type of players.

Need to motivate ourselves a lot since we are surrounded by "unsupportive" mates.
                            My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post

Sad really int it...

The only mate i've ever had really into snooker was at uni... And now i've left i'm back trying to convince people to play
                              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X