Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours a week should I practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going to be upset when you read this. Being a senior now (63), we have a club with 2 excellent tables with usually only 3 to 6 of us there playing. They only charge us $8. to join for the year, then a miserly $1. per day or $5. per month. Every day is open except Sunday. HEAVEN!!!:snooker:

Comment

Your right i am upset ! i pay £3.60/hour which is cheaper than a lot of people pay but still mounts up when having a decent session

Comment

4.50 an hour here and the tables arn't even that good...
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I been paying an whole 1 english quid an hour at the local workingmens club for the last couple of weeks...usually quiet so i can get plenty of practise (i need it) for next to nothing... .

Happy daze....

Comment

Somebody recommended me to go to a social club too supposively cheaper
            Dark side of the moon

Comment

most our when I stayed in Looe they let us join for the club on a weeks membership and it was 1.20 an hour for the lights.
              Round here is technically a working mans club too... unfortunately its a badly run one and they charge 4.50 an hour for that!
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by Rob Singer View Post
                You are going to be upset when you read this. Being a senior now (63), we have a club with 2 excellent tables with usually only 3 to 6 of us there playing. They only charge us $8. to join for the year, then a miserly $1. per day or $5. per month. Every day is open except Sunday. HEAVEN!!!:snooker:
                Jealous I pay £2.00 p/hr to play on an old table in a local WMC, the table's not in the best condition (few rips in the cloth), but im not too fussed as it saves me 3 buses and a short walk to the nearest rileys. The owners of the club have no interest in maintaining it whatsoever. There are only a few people that regularly use the table, myself and two old fellas. One day I decided to go to play for a few hours, when i got there I found a huge rip about 2 inches wide directly on the black spot and another approx 6 inches long just over the bottom left pocket. I spoke to the owners about the damage and they said that theyd get it fixed. A week later i found that the guy had done a DIY repair job by supergluing the cloth to the slate!

good old superglue
                Last edited by MattCash; 30 December 2009, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Now I am wondering the future of this game itself. Things are getting more expensive in the next few years. Club owners need to spend more to give better service for players like us. In other words, we will have to pay more for this. Fuuuhhh....no wonder if there is only very few people are really2 serious in this game...
                  My cueing sucks

Comment

You should practice for as long as you can keep your concentration and enjoyment.

Comment

I do keep concentrated at all times but you've got to admit it is always better playing with someone...
                      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Situation will not be the same though if there is a certified snooker coach by your side during your practice...loads of "correction" stuff will be heard from his mouth...
                        My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
                          you've got to admit it is always better playing with someone...
                          Yes, I agree.

Comment

I'll have to find someone who likes the game as much as me :P local!
                            Dark side of the moon

Comment

Just found out it's 10am-5pm for £10, going to practice myself for 7 hours... should I just do the red line or should I play frames in order to practice?
                              Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
                                Just found out it's 10am-5pm for £10, going to practice myself for 7 hours... should I just do the red line or should I play frames in order to practice?
                                You can do 3 or 4 or 5 type of practice routines for 7hrs practice session. Each routine can take as much as 1.5hrs (more or less). It is depends on you actually. But that's my way.
                                My cueing sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X