No announcement yet.

cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my God alabadi you are over-doing it mate when people are struggling to get it even straight!

You have to stand a bit squarer to the table so that your right shoulder is less pulled towards you. Try placing your right foot in line with the cue and place your left foot a few inches back to where you usually put it. If done exactly as I've explained its easy peasy for you. Desperately waiting to see your next photo!
    Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    I took i pic of myself taking straight blues into the middle, when looking at it my elbow is not inline with the cue

i went down to the club today for an hour and tried to see if i can get it straighter, not sure i was successful. it seems slightly left, not sure how to get it straight maybe moving my right foot further to the right could help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16673[/ATTACH]

it didn't effect my shots i was able to pot blues with follow and the white follows into the pocket, so i'm not sure i should change it

Comment

• Originally Posted by hsn View Post
      Oh my God alabadi you are over-doing it mate when people are struggling to get it even straight!

You have to stand a bit squarer to the table so that your right shoulder is less pulled towards you. Try placing your right foot in line with the cue and place your left foot a few inches back to where you usually put it. If done exactly as I've explained its easy peasy for you. Desperately waiting to see your next photo!
      thanks hsn my right foot is on the line of the cue, well my heel is, its pointing maybe 50-60 degrees right. ill try pulling my left leg back a bit and see if that makes any difference.
      my left leg is a problem for me as i have had a few knee ligament ops and i have constantly niggling pain, maybe this is why i have it more forward than ideal
      Last edited by alabadi; 19 July 2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• You are over stretching yourself that's why your body weight is pushing more on your left leg. Just put your left foot say 5-6 inches back it'll get your face squarer to the table bringing your cue shoulder in line, your left leg will also be relieved from the excessive weight and your stance will become even more firm.
        Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
        thanks hsn my right foot is on the line of the cue, well my heel is, its pointing maybe 50-60 degrees right. ill try pulling my left leg back a bit and see if that makes any difference.
        my left leg is a problem for me as i have had a few knee ligament ops and i have constantly niggling pain, maybe this is why i have it more forward than ideal

Comment

• cue arm&shoulder

went to the vlub last night with some friends. one of then that i newly met was an assistent coach of an ibsf certified coach.he had a look at me and said that he love my cue allignment and adress position they are perfect but he instantly saw i was not hitting the cb correctly. so he mentioned i have a bad grip. the grip i am using is mainly for high break builders that know how to hit yhe ball with consistency straight. my wrist ist wobling and therefore to to fix it he told me this. "in the address possition of your normal grip instead of holding the cue with index and thumb fingers, change to hold the cue with the little, ring and middle finger firmly. after testing it. i noticed a good loss in power but you dont need that for most of the shots (i like to over power things) but i mangaed to deliver more better and more straight on most of the shots.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
            went to the vlub last night with some friends. one of then that i newly met was an assistent coach of an ibsf certified coach.he had a look at me and said that he love my cue allignment and adress position they are perfect but he instantly saw i was not hitting the cb correctly. so he mentioned i have a bad grip. the grip i am using is mainly for high break builders that know how to hit yhe ball with consistency straight. my wrist ist wobling and therefore to to fix it he told me this. "in the address possition of your normal grip instead of holding the cue with index and thumb fingers, change to hold the cue with the little, ring and middle finger firmly. after testing it. i noticed a good loss in power but you dont need that for most of the shots (i like to over power things) but i mangaed to deliver more better and more straight on most of the shots.
            Very useful information indeed .

Can you please upload a photo showing your alignment?

Comment

• I would like to nominate this thread as the most pointless groundhog thread of the year so far

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                I would like to nominate this thread as the most pointless groundhog thread of the year so far
                thats because you know what your talking about

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  thats because you know what your talking about
                  don't be like that

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
                    i think this coach was talking about a standard closed so called grip, you simply wrap all your fingers around the cue and open the back of the hand for the power required

Comment

don't be like that
                      like what, i mean it. you know how to play and your not wrong in the way you see this thread

Comment

• golf,
                        i know you know its not as complicated as a lot of the snooker enthusiasts coaches on here make out to be

Comment

• cue arm&shoulder

I've been popping by and reading this thread as it's grown and have concluded that this is all like the old 'Spot the ball' competitions they used to be in the newspapers here. For those who dont remember you had an action shot from a football match and had to place a cross where you thought the ball was, I loved these but never got it right and have never known anyone else to either! A photo only gives a small amount of information about one phase of a cue action, yet based on that people are diagnosing and suggesting changes.

My advice is that if you want your action analysed then book a session with a coach that has access to video analysis equipment, so much can be missed at real time shot speed so slowing the footage down helps to spot the issues. If you do want guidance through this forum sharing a video is best as it gives much more information including the very important point of where the cue ends up. Inside.....level.....outside I've seen them all work.

There really is so much more to a cue action than just the forward address position :snooker:
                          Last edited by Stupree; 19 July 2014, 09:13 AM.
                          On Cue Facebook Page
                          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            golf,
                            i know you know its not as complicated as a lot of the snooker enthusiasts coaches on here make out to be
                            too true, sometimes wonder how some players manage to hit the ball, that many things going through there heads.I know I have quoted this before
                            but my fave saying is when a interviewer asked Arnold palmer what his golf philosophy was, he said I hit it as hard as I can, go and find it and hit it again!

Comment

• I don't get involved with all this coaching malarky, as my cueing is terrible and move more than the late great Alex did lol, doesn't stop me knocking in breaks tho, ok so highest is 64 but hey i'm happy
                              What i don't get tho is how you can give advice after seeing just a photo !!!! pointless ????????????????
                              Anybody can stay still for a pic, it's what happens before and after that's important ??
                              Last edited by jrc750; 19 July 2014, 09:14 AM.

Comment

too true, sometimes wonder how some players manage to hit the ball, that many things going through there heads.I know I have quoted this before
                                but my fave saying is when a interviewer asked Arnold palmer what his golf philosophy was, he said I hit it as hard as I can, go and find it and hit it again!
                                That's how I play snooker.
                                HSN, that is just my natural set up, it doesn't mean anything really, there is a young lad at our club has been playing for only a few months and knocked in a sixty two, his back arm lies near enough flat against his back(like when young kids learn to play) but he pushes the cue through straight and has lovely timing with the cue ball, and that's all that matters really.
                                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 19 July 2014, 09:15 AM.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X