cue arm&shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    too true, sometimes wonder how some players manage to hit the ball, that many things going through there heads.I know I have quoted this before
    but my fave saying is when a interviewer asked Arnold palmer what his golf philosophy was, he said I hit it as hard as I can, go and find it and hit it again!
    I tried playing golf once

Comment

• That's once more than anyone should.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• cue arm&shoulder

I can get a 147 on the course and a 72 on the baize
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• When I played golf I could shoot anywhere between a sixty five and a seventy four, depending on how hard the hole was.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
            I've been popping by and reading this thread as it's grown and have concluded that this is all like the old 'Spot the ball' competitions they used to be in the newspapers here. For those who dont remember you had an action shot from a football match and had to place a cross where you thought the ball was, I loved these but never got it right and have never known anyone else to either! A photo only gives a small amount of information about one phase of a cue action, yet based on that people are diagnosing and suggesting changes.

My advice is that if you want your action analysed then book a session with a coach that has access to video analysis equipment, so much can be missed at real time shot speed so slowing the footage down helps to spot the issues. If you do want guidance through this forum sharing a video is best as it gives much more information including the very important point of where the cue ends up. Inside.....level.....outside I've seen them all work.

There really is so much more to a cue action than just the forward address position :snooker:
            Stupree I remember these, the photo would show a keeper coming out to punch the ball two defenders and an attacker all in the six yard box trying to head it, and when the result was shown the ball was over by the corner flag! No wonder no one won it.

Comment

• Glad it's not just me that remembers these. I found a classic example online that I've attached
              Attached Files
              On Cue Facebook Page
              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

• I bet the ball was up beside that player on his own lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  I tried playing golf once
                  Birdie ??

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• well i had another go today, eventually got everything inline however didn't feel comfortable at all. maybe if i stick to it it will, only time will tell.

here are two images the first as hsn advised moving my left leg 5-6 inches to bring my elbow back inline, doing this corrected it somewhat but not perfect as the image shows.
                    IMG_4606.jpg

i ventually had to move my elbow slightly to the right, i achieved this by moving the cue slightly left of center chin. which in effect is towards my dominant eye.

IMG_4610.jpg

it looks much better, however it didn't feel natural at all. obviously i'm not use to it but it was hit and miss with potting. ill give it a few weeks to see if it does make things better.

Comment

• dunno why you tinker with your set-up alabadi, your technique looks very good ( I wish I could cue like that), imho just work on the thumb on your bridge hand to prevent it from jerking up at the delivery and you should play even better. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                        well i had another go today, eventually got everything inline however didn't feel comfortable at all. maybe if i stick to it it will, only time will tell.

here are two images the first as hsn advised moving my left leg 5-6 inches to bring my elbow back inline, doing this corrected it somewhat but not perfect as the image shows.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16678[/ATTACH]

i ventually had to move my elbow slightly to the right, i achieved this by moving the cue slightly left of center chin. which in effect is towards my dominant eye.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16679[/ATTACH]

it looks much better, however it didn't feel natural at all. obviously i'm not use to it but it was hit and miss with potting. ill give it a few weeks to see if it does make things better.
                        I don't see any reason to change anything. Either photo looks pretty good to me. Perhaps all you need is tons of practice to improve your rhythm and timing coupled with more experience.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                          well i had another go today, eventually got everything inline however didn't feel comfortable at all. maybe if i stick to it it will, only time will tell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16678[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16679[/ATTACH]

Your alignment looks very good now. However, it is only THE FIRST STEP towards a complete overhaul of anyone's setup whose game is not improving beyond a certain point. And also a better setup to follow for beginners.

You MUST be able to MAINTAIN this alignment THROUGHOUT the delivery otherwise it's just NOT going to work.

Shooting a video of you playing a stroke is a great way to check this.

The grip also changes with any alteration to the setup as well as the body-weight distribution. And all of them have a tremendous impact on the way the cue will travel along.

You have to find a sweet spot among all of the aspects which guarantees to hold the cue precisely on the line of aim.

What I can advise you here is try to make your stance feel comfortable and let your shoulder and the elbow align naturally.

Placing your right shoulder right on top of the cue line while getting down onto the shot, instead of aligning it afterwards, is definitely going to to help.

To make your alignment feel comfortable and natural, I can suggest you to experiment with placing your right foot a couple of inches right to where you are used to in addition to moving your left foot 5-6 inches back. Try changing the direction of your toes as well. Look for if your stance is imbalanced.

Stand in such a way that your cue automatically gets aligned with your shoulder and your elbow without having to align it unnaturally resulting in opposing forces working to pull or push it offline when you deliver it through.

The bottom line is that you have successfully achieved the alignment. What remains now is to make it happen naturally and feel comfortable with it.

Comment

• He has already changed his misaligned elbow and the shoulder to look like this. Please see his previous post for earlier photos.
                            Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                            I don't see any reason to change anything. Either photo looks pretty good to me. Perhaps all you need is tons of practice to improve your rhythm and timing coupled with more experience.

Terry

Comment

• I wonder what your alignment was like before making any changes?

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                              I took i pic of myself taking straight blues into the middle, when looking at it my elbow is not inline with the cue

i went down to the club today for an hour and tried to see if i can get it straighter, not sure i was successful. it seems slightly left, not sure how to get it straight maybe moving my right foot further to the right could help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16673[/ATTACH]

it didn't effect my shots i was able to pot blues with follow and the white follows into the pocket, so i'm not sure should i change it

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post

Terry
                                yep i agree.
                                you could also slap up another vid al so we can see what your up to

Comment

Working...
                                X