No announcement yet.

The yips are defeated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got no problem with people marketing stuff and selling it , but it all seems rather cloak and dagger .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

i was not really expecting a mugging, but i hope we didn't scare mrT off, i'd quite like to get into it a bit more

Comment

Isn't he a long jumper?
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

not sure, but i like a long jumper to fit my long body
          Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Isn't he a long jumper?

Comment

Lol, funnily enough Steve Tomlinson is very tall and would indeed need a long jumper.

Comment

well in that case, what i like to do, is when my few jumpers are out of the wash and still damp, i give'm a body stretch to make'm that bit longer. must be careful not to do it too firm, iv torn a few under the arms before now
              Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Lol, funnily enough Steve Tomlinson is very tall and would indeed need a long jumper.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                There is a way to Market your product , but don't think you have the sales patter yet !
                You are so right! Sorry!

Comment

I will only show/explain this face to face. I don't like writing, and l'm no conman!
                  I know what it feels like to hit the ball with that special feeling. It took me 14 months to make a century break after starting at 17. (50 now) I also know what it felt like to be literally NOT able to hit the ball. Yips hell within months! It absolutely sucked! I ended up on American Pool tables in America which are far more agreeable.
                  If asked how much one would pay to hit the ball with that great feeling 'AND SOUND' for life, and far more importantly know WHY, the answer would be a lot. I would have paid 1000's and made it back the next night. Colorado Springs is/was a gambling heaven. People with letters after their name and schooling up the wazoo charge ridiculously and fail fabulously. It needs to be worth it!
                  I don't care who you watch on TV, they all make the same mistake...No! Not that! That's an effect from something prior to it. You will be able to watch,reason and predict a player's decline.

Steve Tomlinson

Comment

"only face to face", where are you located?

"I don't care who you watch on TV, they all make the same mistake...No! Not that! That's an effect from something prior to it. You will be able to watch, reason and predict a player's decline." can expand on this please?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

okay, but in you opinion what is the yips?

Comment

This guy seems all right to me. He's gone through it and found a method that worked for him. I've twice had it so bad I couldn't pull the cue back and on one occasion could literally see the veins on the back of my hand twitching. I've done ok despite that but it's a waiting game.

I'm a bit concerned by the phrase "would have paid 1000s" and can't help but think that this might not be a free service.

Comment

it is just all the cryptic and inference tone to the message, that is off putting for me
                          just tell is like it is, for years had a problem and investigated it, came to a solution that worked for him and (how many) others, etc, etc.
                          obviously want to make a buck (not English) by why all the caginess?
                          and as J6 asks, what is ST's definition/medical/physiological/physical/psychological/what of "yips"?
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i'm regretting i gave away my 'long jumper' method and solution. im sure if i was smart, with all the right marketing, patter, maybe a soap liquid thrown in there somewhere.. it could've been something.. damn it. ho im so stupid so stupid

Comment

He has left a comment here on the yips (for golf) a week ago.

Short Version:
                              The Yips are analogous to a bad baton pass in a relay race; snooker, golf, darts, life etc. Same problem in your head.
                              Started snooker at 17 (50 now). Hundred break within 14 months. Yips within a year. Could NOT hit the ball sometimes. Not the same game. Done!
                              Played pool for living in 90′s US poolhalls: Bigger pockets allow for a little flinch in your action.
                              Yips cost me 1000′s!
                              No more! 2 reasons. I don’t gamble and l now thoroughly understand the What How and Why, of the Yips. So does my son, nearly.
                              The Yips are the flip side to flow, what l was actually looking for when recognising “NO YIPS….AT ALL!” with the ‘recognizable’ loss of intensity when approaching flow. And beautiful ‘flashbacks’ to previous “Wow!” moments of play and moments of feeling ‘as one’ (cringe, but true) with the game.

http://www.peaksports.com/sports_psy...y_blog/?p=2668

If he is charging for this 'info' - I will give it a miss.
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

In all seriousness it must be a terrible thing to suffer from, would it help to play with your eyes closed? Just to get that cue coming through, I'm only guessing but I would think the messages between brain, eyes ,movement are all getting muddled and this is stopping the cue action, so taking one of them out and simplifying everything for your brain might help.

Comment

Working...
                                X