No announcement yet.

The yips are defeated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be that one , I have been on you tube and it's the only one I can see, but I honestly can't remember.From that I can see what you mean. One thing I did notice was he tells the lad less power when splitting the pack something I was shown just last week. At 1.07
    Looked again, does the lad decelerate or play through it with less power, I'm not sure, I'm probably not good enough to notice the difference lol, you will be able to tell more than me.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 28 January 2014, 01:16 AM.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

yes i remember now. float it in, less is more, and playing into an area, this is near the end of the video

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      It must be that one , I have been on you tube and it's the only one I can see, but I honestly can't remember.From that I can see what you mean. One thing I did notice was he tells the lad less power when splitting the pack something I was shown just last week. At 1.07

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        yes i remember now. float it in, less is more, and playing into an area, this is near the end of the video
        What are the 'certain bread and butter shots' ROS is talking about at 1m-58sec?

Splitting the pack?
        Working around the black?
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

well this is whole new thread because there are so many, and i'm sure there are quite a few ron could illuminate me with. but falling on to the right side of the colors positionally is key, say dropping low on the black to open the pack would be bnb, and playing a certain shot of one cushion instead of two and vica versa

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          What are the 'certain bread and butter shots' ROS is talking about at 1m-58sec?

Splitting the pack?
          Working around the black?

Comment

I only 'hustled' one time. Lost my car to Danny Medina. Couldn't play after messing about. Oops!
            I hated playing with other people's money. I had a conscience.

Comment

There is no information there.

Comment

come again mrT, what are you trying to say? i'd appreciate it if you could expand on what you think the yips are, any chance?
                Originally Posted by Steve T. View Post

Comment

Go to a table looking from ball to ball, stopping without moving you eyes. You aren't looking at the centre of the ball. Slightly higher, probably 'golden mean' relevant.
                  If 'l' were to 'tell' the logical implications of having whilst playing, a ball imprinted on your retina, it wouldn't be fun.
                  Think about the implications.
                  The goal is flow, the flipside to the yips. EVERYTHING is relevant!

Steve Tomlinson

Comment

Go to a table looking from ball to ball, stopping without moving you eyes. You aren't looking at the centre of the ball. Slightly higher, probably 'golden mean' relevant.
                    If 'l' were to 'tell' the logical implications of having whilst playing, a ball imprinted on your retina, it wouldn't be fun.

Steve Tomlinson
                    Can we have that in English please !!!

Comment

okay, so flip the yips and you got the flow right mrT?

Steve Tomlinson

Comment

this might be an American trait?

Comment

bush was a real natural when it came to yipping the flow an flowing the yips

Comment

That was the leader of the free world, god help us all. Surely he proves heads of state don't run countries, it the big businesses that paid for him to get there that run it, I wouldn't leave him in charge of a goldfish. Yeeeehaaaw!

Comment

1. Look at a cue-ball, where your eye drops naturally on it. Not where you 'want' to, where it's natural to anyone l've met, quite a bit above centre....for 20 seconds.

2. Look away to a white wall and start blinking. Experience your own little eclipse for a bit. Fabulous! Move your eyes, you can't escape it. Look anyother where for a while, look back at the wall, blink again, experience again. Re-up on the cue-ball for just 5 second and you're away again.

This you have! No choice. Your retina becomes bleached naturally by looking at the ball, sending 'cone' signals as if the ball is somehow still kinda there.

3. Evidence that we use it: Go to a table and look toward the rail as if trying to get out of a snooker. Stop your eyes where they naturally approach closest to the rail. Still looking there, put a ball where you think correct against the rail. Decent overlay? I'm not suggesting we never look 'at' the rail, but there is a settlement.

Do you fight or incorporate this natural phenomena at other times, or do you not think 'or' believe it matters?
                              Do you get to feeling visually drunk? Just too much visual information? Because you're where you 'need' not to be too much. It all goes back inside to screw up your head and blur your beautiful eclipse edging, and beyond.

Yes, if you've reasoned, l'm suggesting all the consequences of playing in a manner that results in the retinal 'ball' staying as blurless as possible. This amongst other correctnesses IS what we do when truly 'flowing'.

Many people have driven on a motorway and suddenly felt as if waking from a sleep like state. That is waking from flow, and the best example of a good overlay for the mental, physical organisation that needs to be going on when playing.

I'm not a good 'putter down in words'. I could not prove anything on 'paper'. Not my skill! But any contradictions to the relevance of this and the other more far reaching aspects of this understanding are doomed to fail. This is not a fix! It is an understanding that goes far outside snooker and sport.

Aristotle's Prior and Posterior Analytics introduces the true 'players' in your head. They need THEIR respective jobs.

Steve Tomlinson

Comment

I'm not too clear on most of that Steve, but I do believe if you doubt your aim when down on the shot you will miss, trust your natural pick. Thanks for trying to explain it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X