No announcement yet.

help on concentration anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting posts. I think most of them fit me exactly. First off I am self employed and deal with a lot of stress day after day. Next I love my coffee and my fags. Last I am a diabetic on pills and I am 50 years of age. I think that's why I have brilliant moments when my body is in sync but on the average I can get very frustrated very quickly.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Les when I was at the docs for my m.o.t, we had a discussion about general health and she said to me "there are three things I would advise people to do for their health, give up smoking, give up smoking and give up smoking"
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I don't think coffee or nicotine addiction is necessarily negative for snooker. I have no such addictions, doesn't help much except that I could play a very long time without feeling even slightly fatigued.
        Best players I know personally have never had any real job and are heavily addicted to SOMETHING, cigarettes and coffee are minor things, they are far far more addicted to sports betting/gambling. Drug/alcohol abuse is not uncommon too. Criminal past of some players and club owners is perfectly normal??
        No wonder we don't get many junior players...what parent would let their kid to hang around such places like snooker and pool clubs?

Comment

"Mens sana in corpore sano" - working on your physical condition also helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomw View Post
            "Mens sana in corpore sano" - working on your physical condition also helps.
            "mens sana in corpore sano" translates from Latin as "a healthy mind in a healthy body".

The power of google

Comment

It was so obvious I didn't translate it

Comment

Coffee can be of detriment, it's the caffeine in it which is a diuretic.

Comment

do i need to google again what is diuretic? -

I gave up coffee and red bull - had a massive headache the other night - felt awful - gave in and ordered a coke- got to do this bit by bit I think - did not actually realize what crap I drink n eat before.

Must have to get the levels right - if you take away a stimulant the body craves it a bit - small steps - coke n fags next eek.

One line at a time
                  Last edited by Byrom; 3 July 2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

I gave up coffee and red bull - had a massive headache the other night - felt awful - gave in and ordered a coke- got to do this bit by bit I think - did not actually realize what crap I drink n eat before.

Must have to get the levels right - if you take away a stimulant the body craves it a bit - small steps - coke n fags next eek.
                    Ya, you need to take it real slow. Maybe give up the easy stuff first? Or bite the bullet and tackle the monster (fags). I suppose if you can quit fags, the other stuff is dead simple. Depends on your personality I guess. I have just about given up all sugary drinks, white sugar, milk for the most part. Alcohol stopped a few years back already. Cigarettes are still a major problem though but I haven't tried hard enough really.

Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Judd Trump loves a nice McDonald's. Every time I go to a PTC that's what he's munching on lol.

Basically what I'm saying is: eat burgers.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

One line at a time

A diuretic will make you wee more which in turn could lead to dehydration if you're not careful
                          Last edited by luke-h; 3 July 2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            Judd Trump loves a nice McDonald's. Every time I go to a PTC that's what he's munching on lol.

Basically what I'm saying is: eat burgers.
                            Oh I loves my big tasties

Comment

[QUOTE=thelongbomber;788983]Ya, you need to take it real slow. Maybe give up the easy stuff first? Or bite the bullet and tackle the monster (fags). I suppose if you can quit fags, the other stuff is dead simple. Depends on your personality I guess. I have just about given up all sugary drinks, white sugar, milk for the most part. Alcohol stopped a few years back already. Cigarettes are still a major problem though but I haven't tried hard enough really.
                              /QUOTE]

“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”
                              ― Mark Twain

Comment

Quitting smoking is very easy, but you have to be at the stage where you want to, not for anyone else, or kid yourself on that you want to stop, but if your really at that point you can do it, don't use crutches like patches or these new things, just stop, three days that's all it takes really , then it gets easier every day. If the cravings get bad, do something, anything, apart from having a fag lol, it takes your mind off them till it passes.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X