Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Stun run Thru ever actually 100% necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sammyts View Post
    The only 2 I can give you an answer to are : Ronnie imagines hitting the ball with his elbow, an idea from Dell hill and connected to the Dell drive you mentioned. Hitting the ball that way means his shoulder drops thru impact which is why at address his cue has more angle from the horizontal to allow it to level out as his shoulder drops. As for Judd and screwing the ball, when I first saw and played with/against Judd at a young age he was too short to let his cue arm hang down like most players so looked like an exaggerated version of Joe Swail. This means he has a tendancy to drop his cue tip thru impact ( we all either drop slightly or scoop slightly) which helps impart more back spin. As for the other technical questions I think they are all compensations for flaws the individual has or had in the past and has just become habit. The psychological side is a whole new can of worms and probably even more personal and individual than the technical side ! With you all the way on the autobiographies, just cheap cop outs to make money !

See great answer - get writing buddy I will buy it

Comment

Ha how about a collaboration ??

Comment

well i spend 20 minutes or so earlier trying to play stun run throughs and can confidently say i am able to play the stun, stop dead go nowhere useful shot superbly!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

who me - you are the snooker coach its your bag - no point in collaborating with me - I know nothing - everything I know I learned from the back of a pop tart.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            well i spend 20 minutes or so earlier trying to play stun run throughs and can confidently say i am able to play the stun, stop dead go nowhere useful shot superbly!
            Stun higher on the white

Comment

Hey if Jordan can write half a dozen books anybody can ! lol.

Comment

See you're coaching already !!

Comment

Originally Posted by sammyts View Post
                  Hey if Jordan can write half a dozen books anybody can ! lol.
                  Last book I wrote was on motivation for my MA - I wrote it and it even bored me -

Society is generally more interested in a cockney page three star with massive boobs who has had more men scoring with her than Man United than they would be with a snooker coaching book sadly - we have lost our way if you ask me.

Has she got a new book out? - interesting myself now

Comment

Apparently she 'writes' children's stories, or somebody does it for her ! No pictures tho !

Comment

She has definitely stunned a few balls in her time

I could collaborate with her but it would be like chucking a sausage up the M6
                      Last edited by Byrom; 17 December 2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Broken a fair few as well no doubt !:hurt:

Comment

many a good mans sausage has shed a load on the m6

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Stun higher on the white
                            tried that - it didn't go well!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              tried that - it didn't go well!
                              From the book
                              " The shot itself is somewhere between the stun and the top spin - and within that range there is a variation of shots you can play to leave the white ball in different positions on the table.
                              The majority of stun run-through shots are played with the tip of the cue striking the white ball just above centre and just below the top. You can still use the stun run-through when hitting below centre on the white ball, but to take effect the shot must be very soft".

Comment

Stun-run-through is just another shot in snooker that we all play with great effect, it's a natural shot that most of us don't even think about a bit like screw back, top spin, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X