Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't the Trump technique and Set-up now the Textbook Standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Haha, I think that was half an olive branch or a cracked olive branch from you. lol. Tbh mate, I really do believe old, air-dried timber is the best. That aside, Parris is the best cue maker IMHO from the many brands I've tried. Others disagree, vive la difference.
    it is an olive branch,take it or leave it up to you

Comment

seen the vid,thought it was a straight forward and then back screw shot you claimed so the pace is from the spinning cb, on your shot its still got the initial pace of the shot

Comment

by the way blaster I don't like north American ash but I don't shove it down others throats every post!

Comment

MB:

Place the cueball so it's just off straight on the green and it comes back on the yellow side of the black spot and back up towards the middle pocket. As golferson says, your shot retains a lot of the initial power whereas in a screw shot it should be straight back or nearly so.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

that is not a screw back. it is a side spin. to be a screw back the ball must stop and then screw back. this shot you are doing I do a trick shot similar to pot the white in the same bag.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              TED IS BILL:

https://youtu.be/tDEf1rR6g9c

I've chopped off my first attempt on the phone by editing/cropping the video quickly down to as small as possible so I didn't spend all night uploading to youtube. First attempt on the phone was a foot more with the lights on but never mind. I'll try and recover first attempt from phone and upload it later. Next up, match table mate, not sure when though.
              Nice video.

You got one of the screw shot though mate? That's the one I'm interested in.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                MB:

Place the cueball so it's just off straight on the green and it comes back on the yellow side of the black spot and back up towards the middle pocket. As golferson says, your shot retains a lot of the initial power whereas in a screw shot it should be straight back or nearly so.
                Terry, I thought we agreed 5 or so degrees? I thought it would end up backroom lawyer. Oh dear. If folk are gonna start moving the goalposts, that's ok, but obviously the amount of screw will change. As I've said and folk should read back two pages, this IS NOT MY MATCH TABLE but a slow tired table that I could get on for 20mins today. To all the detractors, post your own videos! I played a screw shot with a bit of banana at an angle, so what. I hit the bottom of the ball and went through it, it's a screw shot. There was no side put on the ball at all.

ANYWAY! This is about TRUMP.

TRUMP!
                TRUMP!

NOT MB!

Say summat about Judd for heaven's sake.
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 14 May 2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Lol what a waste of time watching that, now please do a screw shot !!!

Comment

Just seen the video and don't take this wrong way but I wouldn't be far short of what you done using my opposite hand.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Just seen the video and don't take this wrong way but I wouldn't be far short of what you done using my opposite hand.
                      or with one hand!

Comment

Haha, the objectors are here claiming all sorts. Really ADR, really Leo, really JCR. You can do all this on a table you've never seen or known? BULL!

A screw shot involves hitting the bottom of the ball and going through, didn't you know?

WHERE ARE YOUR VIDEOS? I challenge you to produce them, by tomorrow!

To the positive folk on TSF, here's me playing some stun type shots with the Judd technique a while back on a match table. I manage to pot a red off the black spot and stun off five cushions all the way round the table. Who knows how far it went? 130ft! LOL The JT technique is immense.

https://youtu.be/7yLYrB0GLwM
                        Last edited by Master Blaster; 14 May 2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

thats some power from the blaster, an i see he likes to hit the keys in the same way

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            thats some power from the blaster, an i see he likes to hit the keys in the same way
                            nthego:nthego:nthego:nthego:nthego:

tis all about getting through the bridge. Good wood feel.

17oz Powerglide Purist made with ash, air-dried for 24yrs. Not heavy, all acceleration and feel, woody hit. Not clunky.
                            Last edited by Master Blaster; 14 May 2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

plenty of people on here have played against me mate and I didn't claim to do a 24 foot screw back!

Comment

what the friggin hell was that? that wasn't a screw shot.... lololololol

you're a mouthpiece. Fact. Now sling it you retard.
                                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                                X