Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't the Trump technique and Set-up now the Textbook Standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    Master Blaster I guess you have not learnt your lesson.

STOP winding people up, generally being a twat and trying to cause arguments, next time this happens I ban you permanently, pretty much had enough of your attitude on the forum.

Learn how to talk and interact with people in a polite manner or stop posting.

You need to take the blinkers off Ferret, winding someone up is not as bad as the nasty comments from some of the members on here.
    I'm guessing they're sending you private messages crying but it should be them that you're warning first unless your happy to see a little clique spoil this place and it will if you allow it.

Quite a few regular posters have disappeared lately and it's down to the clique not a couple of members winding people up.
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      Does he have a coach?
      if trump has a coach, that would be for the mental side of the game !! so, I'm agree with Big Shot here !!
      I don't think you can compare him with players such as S Hendry.
      is not a player who is gonna dominate the game , but is nice to whach him play !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        if trump has a coach, that would be for the mental side of the game !! so, I'm agree with Big Shot here !!
        is not a player who is gonna dominate the game , but is nice to whach him play !!
        Yes, it was good to see Hendry say a few years ago that Judd shouldn't change a thing but carry on playing his naughty snooker. I thought this interesting because Hendry did a lot for the development of attacking snooker, as well as Ronnie. With 300+ centuries, Judd is obviously applying his technique well. It's when things go off the rails for him, that I worry. He seems to jack up the risk factor and try to pot his way back into the groove. This may work with his practice partners Wenbo et al. but it ain't gonna work with the top 16. He needs to find another way to beat them when his very attacking game is awry. He loses interest in safety if the exchanges are more than a few safety shots each; he's looking at the crowd or another table. He's a bright man who could have gone to uni. but I think he gets lost sometimes. I like him a lot and he's on my list for a drink. lol Yeah, forget the shoes Judd and the cars! Told you before.
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 15 May 2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, it was good to see Hendry say a few years ago that Judd shouldn't change a thing but playing his naughty snooker. I thought this interesting because Hendry did a lot for the development of attacking snooker, as well as Ronnie. With 300+ centuries, Judd is obviously applying his technique well. It's when things go off the rails for him, that I worry. He seems to jack up the risk factor and try to pot his way back into the groove. This may work with his practice partners Wenbo et al. but it ain't gonna work with the top 16. He needs to find another way to beat them when his very attacking game is awry. He loses interest in safety and if the exchanges are more than six safety shots each, he's looking at the crowd or another table. He's a bright man who could have gone to uni. but I think he gets lost sometimes. I like him a lot and he's on my list for a drink. lol Yeah, forget the shoes Judd and the cars! Told you before.
          good point !! As S Davis said (a few yrs a go). He is more like a entertainment player.
          He goes for sum crazy shots!! not exactly the right way to dominate the game ( not in this level !!! ).
          anyway,,, is always nice to whach him play the game !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
            Yes, it was good to see Hendry say a few years ago that Judd shouldn't change a thing but carry on playing his naughty snooker. I thought this interesting because Hendry did a lot for the development of attacking snooker, as well as Ronnie. With 300+ centuries, Judd is obviously applying his technique well. It's when things go off the rails for him, that I worry. He seems to jack up the risk factor and try to pot his way back into the groove. This may work with his practice partners Wenbo et al. but it ain't gonna work with the top 16. He needs to find another way to beat them when his very attacking game is awry. He loses interest in safety if the exchanges are more than a few safety shots each; he's looking at the crowd or another table. He's a bright man who could have gone to uni. but I think he gets lost sometimes. I like him a lot and he's on my list for a drink. lol Yeah, forget the shoes Judd and the cars! Told you before.
            Trump is a bright lad?

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              You need to take the blinkers off Ferret, winding someone up is not as bad as the nasty comments from some of the members on here.
              I'm guessing they're sending you private messages crying but it should be them that you're warning first unless your happy to see a little clique spoil this place and it will if you allow it.

Quite a few regular posters have disappeared lately and it's down to the clique not a couple of members winding people up.

or they are not posting as they are sick of MB being an arse on here and not listening to others and even if he is wronger than a wrong un in the wrong place.

Comment

This is part of what this thread is about. Notice how Tequila calls it 'screw' and not every shot is dead straight, heaven forbid! What was he thinking, those are stun shots or side spin shots according to some apparently! lol

watched the vid, most he screws it back is around 9 foot, and you are saying you can do 24 foot????? half the shos ARE with side off the cushion which are a lot simpler than even you!

Comment

• Trump does not come across as bright. And the term 'naughty snooker' is an embarrassment he could well do without. He needs to change whatever needs changing in order to start fulfilling his obvious potential. As others have said, this is probably more mental than physical. Otherwise he risks turning into another Alex and Jimmy. Sky high talent, mediocre results in comparison. Anyone who was 'bright' would have already done this four seasons ago. And if he doesn't practise enough, then he deserves nothing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                    Trump does not come across as bright. And the term 'naughty snooker' is an embarrassment he could well do without. He needs to change whatever needs changing in order to start fulfilling his obvious potential. As others have said, this is probably more mental than physical. Otherwise he risks turning into another Alex and Jimmy. Sky high talent, mediocre results in comparison. Anyone who was 'bright' would have already done this four seasons ago. And if he doesn't practise enough, then he deserves nothing.
                    Not only that but what is his plan for longevity , this sort of game is very short lived entertaining as it is

Comment

LOL mate. Erm, I don't think he'd listen to me or many other coaches but he really needs to speak to someone. All the club boys in the Crucicle gallery hollering for you won't get you over the line if you leave Bingo plumb after the wrong shot in a dozen frames or so. What say you?

Wiki says Tony Chappel coached him for a while. http://www.stblazeydistrictsnooker.c.../tony-chappel/

Check this out:
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/13124151

Half way down Judd says money spent on coaching is not a wise thing. OMG! Don't let Terry Davidson know, he'll be phoning him.
                      I would send him to Nic Barrow who can teach him mental strength as he did with another top pro
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                        Trump is a bright lad?
                        Well, depends on definitions, but academically he's ok. His mates went off to do degrees and he could have joined them. But he says he has no regrets, fair play.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                          I would send him to Nic Barrow who can teach him mental strength as he did with another top pro
                          So what's Ding gonna do now Terry. Video games, late nights and junk food ain't working.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                            Trump is a bright lad?
                            Let me add something - his mates went off to University and he decided to devote all his time and effort to snooker - I don't know what they do but he is a millionaire snooker player he drives a few nice motors has a nice pad in London - sponsors and all manner of people all eager to suck up to him - he gets lush with the ladies likes his gangster rap music he is a pretty cool and have to say a nice guy - good sense of humour - and so what if he lives a bit of the hi - life in his 20's who can blame him?

and so --- I would say he has made a few right choices and - apart from the shoes the music and the fashion sense - I cant speak for What Judd's old school mates are doing now but - so far in his life he has been clever enough with his choices - would you not say?

Comment

• Byrom! Did you try the Trump technique out?

I say that people need to do things for love and satisfaction (on top of paying bills). If his mates are happy in what they did, that's great and Judd is happy. Happy all round is nice and he still has his mates from younger days who are evident in the VIP with him and at the Crucible.

But Judd needs to put these things away, get some good sleeps, put in a lot of hours, see a coach and generally do a Bingo. As does Ding. We don't want more Jimmys, folk who coulda shoulda woulda.

Comment

• Are you suggesting you can time the ball like Judd Trump, just by trying to get into position a bit like he does?
                                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X