• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this training puts you on the road to the ultimate cue action

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      Taking Ur Cash Away?
      Not a fan of all these coaching gadgets, Byrom?

I can tell you're really looking forward to Nic's new gadget!
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

well practice in front of a mirror or cueing through a matchbox or into a bottle can help you practice consistent cueing and if it works for someone it works - but maybe too does eating all yer Weetabix up in the morning. That said I would not pay 15 pound a box

Mind you I could cut a little hole in the box after eating them and flog it on the forum as a W T C A - go n buy some more
        Last edited by Byrom; 16 November 2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Taking Ur Cash Away?
          lol, yeah i should of just called it gmmw give me minimum wage

Comment

Taking Ur Cash Away?
            Haha, cheeky - No I'm just genuinely curious what it stands for

Comment

You can every training aid in the world including Nic barrows NASA snooker room but you'll only ever control your cue action with solid decent practicing on a snooker table with a cue and a ball!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                you'll only ever control your cue action with solid decent practicing on a snooker table with a cue and a ball!!
                fact? obviously not

Comment

tuca training demands near perfect cueing, the nature of the discapline will not allow your technique to fall into bad habits

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    tuca training demands near perfect cueing, the nature of the discapline will not allow your technique to fall into bad habits
                    Look I hope you sell a few Jason because it seems you're quite passionate about it, but once again and IMHO to improve in snooker you need to hit the baize.

Comment

You can every training aid in the world including Nic barrows NASA snooker room but you'll only ever control your cue action with solid decent practicing on a snooker table with a cue and a ball!!
                      Look I hope you sell a few Jason
                      yes i have, but its a labour of love
                      because it seems you're quite passionate about it
                      yes cus i know and many better players than me know, know it works
                      , but once again and IMHO to improve in snooker you need to hit the baize.
                      yes but at what point do you need to step away an look at yourself an what your doing?
                      im talking about technique an the assistance a player needs to build a soild cue action. undoubtedly a strong technique will make the learning of the game easyer an more enjoyable no?

-
                      Last edited by j6uk; 16 November 2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

15 nicker for a piece of cardboard with a hole in it....

f*ck me.... wished Id thought of it
                        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

something for the improving player whos serious about their game

me with my old trusty 12mm pro card

Last edited by j6uk; 17 November 2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

And to think, Jason offered me one of these for free but never sent one to me (I would have paid for postage even).

Jason...one question from me. Do you expressly say the user of the TUCA should actually be looking over the TUCA? It appears to me you are teaching people to cue straight however you are also teaching them to look at the cueball during delivery. I don't think that's such a wise idea but I wonder how many players can deliver the cue through the hole with 4-5in of follow-through and not touch the sides WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE TUCA.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I think anybody who spends £15 on a piece of card with a hole in it needs help. I understand the concept but it seems a bit farfetched to say the least.
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                And to think, Jason offered me one of these for free but never sent one to me (I would have paid for postage even).

Jason...one question from me. Do you expressly say the user of the TUCA should actually be looking over the TUCA? It appears to me you are teaching people to cue straight however you are also teaching them to look at the cueball during delivery. I don't think that's such a wise idea but I wonder how many players can deliver the cue through the hole with 4-5in of follow-through and not touch the sides WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE TUCA.
                                good question tel, but no your looking at the hole the same way you look at the baulk line as you get down an cue straight along it, looking through the whole cue action.
                                as for teaching players to look at the cue ball on delivery when actually playing, im doing no such thing.. these exercises have a long and succesful history.
                                not looking at tuca on delivery is was something i was going to talk about a bite later. but now you mention it, i will load a video on cueing thread later
                                Last edited by j6uk; 17 November 2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X